Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Do you use a Mouthpiece Retainer Strap

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 50.00%
  • No

7 23.33%
  • Considering it

7 23.33%
  • No way, never

1 3.33%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    hmm I had a look for it last night but it appears that somebody has been busy airbrushing history

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    cmon gobbers you must have a copy of that report from a british diver filed away that you can share.

my memory sometimes plays tricks on me so I may not remember it all but in summary I seem to recall a forum post along the lines of 'oh my god, oh my god, I was going to die. martin why did you do this to me? it's all your fault', or am I thinking of a different incident?
    Should be ample info in the links I posted for people to make there own minds up about Brad and his ginger boy friends antic s back then.
    the loss of dive cell manufacturers and why / who
    You can all make your own minds up .
    I know who I'd be showing my two fingers to.
    Last edited by gobfish1; 08-01-2021 at 03:00 AM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    hmm I had a look for it last night but it appears that somebody has been busy airbrushing history
    You need all the sockpuppits also
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...l=1#post227108

Busy few week in 2008 for sure

Eneywho back to the op and the poll on gimp s
    And pH lol . Funny how all things seem to Intertwine
    Drum beater's and stunt divers.
    Last edited by gobfish1; 08-01-2021 at 03:09 AM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Thanks.

I may be blind. I do not see the part listed?
    You might be or I might have supped too much cheap cider and forgot, I'm sure I bought one from there a while back, I'll see if I can find it

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    internet archive wayback machine can have some stuff backed up

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    T53330 is part number you need, found old emails now... I got mine from tecme

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by gobfish1 View Post
    You need all the sockpuppits also
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...l=1#post227108

Busy few week in 2008 for sure

Eneywho back to the op and the poll on gimp s
    And pH lol . Funny how all things seem to Intertwine
    Drum beater's and stunt divers.
    Its always worth decoding one of your messages ...

Pissing myself

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In a (probably vain) attempt to avoid this thread going the way of so many others and becoming a slag-along-a-yesteryear, I wonder if any of those who gave an answer other than 'yes' to the poll would be willing to share their reasons? This isn't a loaded question, I'm just genuinely interested in the reasons people have.
    Believe it or not, bananas do contain a small quantity of Musa Sapientum bananadine, which is a mild, short-lasting psychedelic

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    i think you will find AFAIK that revo were the first "modern day " manufacturer to include a gag strap as standard after Drager ? Therefore there were already thousands of other units out there without them especially & mainly the Classic & later Vision Inspiration. Therefore nobody was initially taught with a gag strap & as Gobfish has pointed out there was an awful lot of crap going on in previous year even way before 2018 over changing something on a unit that might invalidate CE approval & also just maybe your life insurance. I was taught on a Classic & then bought a Vision & never even knew about a gag strap until I purchased my first rEvo some years later & TBH I never missed not having one on my Vision. I think it is a marmite thing of love or hate & a lot of people don't want to spend money on something they might not like even for any perceived gain.
    Whether there is a gain is down to individual preference. For me I get a gain from it as I am missing so many teeth on my top left it is hard to bite the mouth piece so the strap helps hold it in place & the rubber helps seal across my lips BUT I have had an issue were I needed to bail out & in the process of removing the strap from my head I managed to lose my mask strap, mask is now somewhere at the bottom of Scapa.
    We are all different & if we want to all dive the same then join the Bourg collective (otherwise called ......) LOL
    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    In a (probably vain) attempt to avoid this thread going the way of so many others and becoming a slag-along-a-yesteryear, I wonder if any of those who gave an answer other than 'yes' to the poll would be willing to share their reasons? This isn't a loaded question, I'm just genuinely interested in the reasons people have.
    I was a "considering it" and to answer your question, it's just because I cannot get one that's comfortable for me. I did get AP's one to work for a while but found it presses the top of the mouthpiece against my gumline and makes it pretty sore. If I could find one that didn't do that, that also worked with my AP CCR, I'd be more tempted. I have a BOV so the mouthpiece is pretty heavy and it takes the weight off it really well. How well it would work if I passed out I don't know, but I suspect it would still be better than nothing, so it goes in the same compartment as the CO2 sensor: yes, it doesn't do everything we'd love a CO2 sensor to do (end tidal measuring etc.) but it is still better than not having one (especially as mine doesn't give random alarms).
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast