X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adrian
    Remember, remember
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pete Bullen
    Try not to fall into the business trap of spending too much time and money creating something no one but you will want. The feedback you have received here is from a good cross section of the diving community. I can tell you as a pro that the number of divers I see every year who actually take a watch rather than a computer underwater can be counted on one hand. I really don't see a market for this.
    I don't even wear a watch on land and have not generally done so for some years. Plenty of clocks etc. around and the phone if I'm desperate to know the time.
    Bought a house in Devon, drank cider from a lemon.

Comment

• Nickpicks
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pete Bullen
      Try not to fall into the business trap of spending too much time and money creating something no one but you will want. The feedback you have received here is from a good cross section of the diving community. I can tell you as a pro that the number of divers I see every year who actually take a watch rather than a computer underwater can be counted on one hand. I really don't see a market for this.
      One of my many favourite quotes is by Nigel Hewitt when talking about his thoughts of producing a program-it-yourself dive computer: "I could only think of about three people that might buy one and two of them were me."
      Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Comment

• Sean Clements
        New TDF Member
        • Nov 2020

Hey guys! I wanted to share with you our new watch straps made from upcycled wetsuits. Over the past 6-months I've been travelling around the UK gathering wetsuits from dive shops and the response rate has been overwhelming! Scarily, there are so many wetsuits which simply get dumped when they come to the end of their life so really pleased to be playing a small part in reducing this problem. Thoughts and feedback welcomed on the new straps! P.s. we launch on Sunday 29th August 2021 - 12:00 (noon) GMT. Thanks https://sdcwatches.com

Comment

• iain/hsm
          Banned
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Sean Clements
          made from upcycled wetsuits.
          What the heck is an upcycled wetsuit?

I do hope your not using one of mine. Make sure it's been washed in Persil twice and rinsed in Dichloromethane before strapping it to your wrist. Better yet dip it in perfume for a week before use.

I did hear Amy Winehouse had a range about to launch a while back, maybe they can do you deal.
          Jusebox "Siren to a Sailor" for those confused if they should weightlift with the boys or the girls I guess.
          Last edited by iain/hsm; 02-08-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...