Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Back in 2003 I was in Washington, taking a photograph in front of the Capitol building, I dropped my lens cap, which dropped into a covered gutter.
    I could see the lens cap, could probably even have reached it; but given where I was standing, decided that reaching into drains was likely to get attention and a conversation that I would probably not "enjoy": so decided to leave it there (it`s predecessor is in the Blue Mountains, Australia).

Watching the riot on tv, I was wondering why I was so worried those years ago.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Trump does get removed from office, either by impeachement or by the 25th amendment, will that make Mike Pence the 46th president for 7 days before Biden takes over as 47th?

I expect the commemorative tea towel manufacturers have already started printing so will have whole batches with the wrong ordinal.
    https://www.amazon.com/Biden-Kamala-.../dp/B08G34YC6X

If they only print to order, then they'll be able to update the graphic before printing.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    If Trump does get removed from office, either by impeachement or by the 25th amendment, will that make Mike Pence the 46th president for 7 days before Biden takes over as 47th?

I expect the commemorative tea towel manufacturers have already started printing so will have whole batches with the wrong ordinal.
    https://www.amazon.com/Biden-Kamala-.../dp/B08G34YC6X

If they only print to order, then they'll be able to update the graphic before printing.
    My understanding is that he becomes acting president unless Trump resigns or is fired. There were recent examples of Gore and Chaney being acting presidents too.

My original reason for looking it up was to see if him being acting president would count as 1 term and restrict his own ambitions in the future, turns out it doesnt
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Watching the riot on tv, I was wondering why I was so worried those years ago.
    Apparently two Capitol Policemen have been suspended and one arrested in connection with the riot. Certainly looked like they had inside assistance.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Apparently two Capitol Policemen have been suspended and one arrested in connection with the riot. Certainly looked like they had inside assistance.
    Tolerance or acquiessence, if not assistance.
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    There is footage on USA news networks clearly showing a uniformed policeman in riot gear standing to the right of the door the rioters were trying to get into. He is calmly standing next to people trying to break windows there is identifying lettering on the back of his helmet. At the same time as he is standing there a policeman is dragged into the crowd from said doorway he just watches.

It is well known a lot of police, military, fire fighters are strongly republican so not surprising they decided to join in.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    There is footage on USA news networks clearly showing a uniformed policeman in riot gear standing to the right of the door the rioters were trying to get into. He is calmly standing next to people trying to break windows there is identifying lettering on the back of his helmet. At the same time as he is standing there a policeman is dragged into the crowd from said doorway he just watches.

It is well known a lot of police, military, fire fighters are strongly republican so not surprising they decided to join in.
    Fox news has police departments from Seattle, Texas & NYC looking at possible involvement of their officers.

Fox generally considered to have been in Trumps corner..........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-p...-arrested-riot

Some of the other comments ring of the inside job by the Hunt supporters that got into the house of commons in 2004, they knew where to go and how.

Certainly lifts the riot to organised conspiracy.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Fox news has police departments from Seattle, Texas & NYC looking at possible involvement of their officers.

Fox generally considered to have been in Trumps corner..........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-p...-arrested-riot

Some of the other comments ring of the inside job by the Hunt supporters that got into the house of commons in 2004, they knew where to go and how.

Certainly lifts the riot to organised conspiracy.

Stolen but asking where the police where during the Capital hill invasion was like asking where Miley is at a Hannah Montana concert.

Graham

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This guy deserves a medal link

Knowing he was outnumbered and potentially in harms way, he leads protestors past the senate entrance while shoving the front guy in a clear attempt to get him to follow him all the way upstairs to where he hopes he might find reinforcements.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    This guy deserves a medal link

Knowing he was outnumbered and potentially in harms way, he leads protestors past the senate entrance while shoving the front guy in a clear attempt to get him to follow him all the way upstairs to where he hopes he might find reinforcements.
    Obviously the Clan tendencies took over, seen comments about a black man being chased by a mob with a confederate flag.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast