X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slates
    TDF Member
    • Oct 2019

Weezle Extreme +

Anyone currently use a weezle extreme +? I'm considering one for winter as I'm feeling the chill after an hour in my current othree extreme under suit in conditions <12 degrees. Would be good to hear any experiences .
  • Wibs
    Established TDF Member
    • Aug 2015

Sorry to hijack...! Are Quark Navy considered to be 'the best', or would Weezle Extreme be toasty warm.

Comment

• Ian@1904
      Team Starburst
      • Dec 2012

I have not used a membrane suit for a few years. However when I did I used the extreme and extreme + suits. The extreme + is noticeably warmer and works very well for me.

Comment

• Tewdric
        Established TDF Member
        • Feb 2013

I have one it just the extreme version - but also now have the O Three PBB Extreme version so have it listed for sale. It is by far the warmest undersuit I have ever worn BUT it is compressible and you have to make sure you don’t allow your suit to squeeze to much, which reduces the insulation. If you weight properly for it is is super super toasty. God knows what the plus is like. Short of a heated underthing I think they are probably the warmest out there. I am seriously considering keeping mine for the motorbike and camping

Edit: mine is the plus version after all!
        Last edited by Tewdric; 09-12-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• TheMacallan
          TDF Member
          • Jan 2013

I bought an Extreme Plus to use with an Aquion Pro many years ago.... the Aquion eventually died and the under-suit was shelved.
          Fast forward 15 years and I now use it with an O’Three.
          ...you need plenty room in your dry suit to fit the Weezle.
          ...layering is never an issue.
          ....yes, you will need more lead.
          ....exercise should be avoided at all costs...whether it is a long walk to shore dive or finning under water...otherwise you will will melt.
          I just love it....quality is still spot on after all these years.
          I cannot say whether it has lost any of its thermal properties over the years but it is plenty warm enough.

Comment

• Slates
            TDF Member
            • Oct 2019

Thanks for the info

Comment

• Tewdric
              Established TDF Member
              • Feb 2013

Slates given you are 10 mins from me you are welcome to try my Weezle extreme if it fits - or at least check it out.

Comment

• techdiver
                TDF Member
                • May 2013

Weezle extreme+,excellent quality and insulation.

Comment

• Slates
                  TDF Member
                  • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Tewdric
                  Slates given you are 10 mins from me you are welcome to try my Weezle extreme if it fits - or at least check it out.
                  Yours is a tad on the large side for me I’m afraid!

I’ve just ordered one, looking forward to some toasty dives this winter. Anyone got some ball park suggestions with how much weight to add compared to othree point base extreme (similar to arctics)?

Comment

• Tewdric
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Feb 2013

I found 1kg over a set of Fourth Element Arctics was effective. You don’t *need* to weight up as the undersuit will compress and take up no extra volume than a thinner suit, but that obviously negates the thermal insulation advantage. The extra litre of air in the suit seemed to make a difference.

Or have a nice sprout biryani the nigh5 before and fill it might warm air as you go

Comment

• Northernwinter
                      New TDF Member
                      • Jul 2020

You need about 2kg more with weezle extreme + compared to bz400 or similar thick normal suit. I recommend extra warm/expedition devold base layer + mesh top if you want warmth. Weezle will be harder vent out air from drysuit compared to others. It is warmest passive suit I have used. Only bz400 with power on is warmer.

You can do 1 hour dives with oc and 1,5 with ccr in comfort at 4-5c waters with good base layers.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wibs
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Aug 2015

Didn't some cave divers shove a piece of carpet down their front for more insulation?

Comment

• MinimalMayhem
                          TDF Member
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Wibs
                          Didn't some cave divers shove a piece of carpet down their front for more insulation?
                          JonG does. He likes his. I tried it and I think it did help but (perhaps unsurprisingly) not as good as a heated vest .

Comment

• profpointy
                            TDF Member
                            • Apr 2013

Bizarrely I seem to have accidentally "disliked" the perfectly sensible post above - sorry about that

Comment

• WFO
                              Established TDF Member
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Wibs
                              Door mat. Sorta works like a string vest

Comment

Working...