Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Drysuit glue for an otter

One of the corners off my seals on my otter is just starting to lift a bit, itís not leaking but I want to put a stop to it before it does. Does anyone know the best glue just to stick it back down with? (Itís a tri lam suit)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If itís just the tape Black Witch will keep it going a bit longer, but it could be a sign the glue is going and new seals may be the way ahead. Plenty on YouTube to show you how.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tewdric View Post
    If it’s just the tape Black Witch will keep it going a bit longer, but it could be a sign the glue is going and new seals may be the way ahead. Plenty on YouTube to show you how.
    it is just the black tape. It’s a second hand suit so I know it won’t last forever but I think it’s still got some before it needs to go back for a fix up

I’m guessing this is the right thing?
    https://www.drysuits.co.uk/Aqua_2_Pa...e_p/aqu032.htm
    Last edited by sim667; 25-10-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bostik 2402

M.D., Beaver Sports (Yorks) Ltd
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You really need a 2 part adhesive to do this with, such as Mike suggests above Bostik 2402, or something similar like Beaver BOND - Aquabond and follow the instructions of mix and 2 applications with a time of a day or so between applications and put pressure on after the second coat, instructions can be found on the Beaver website for these types of adhesive in the documents and downloads section for the product, which are pretty generic for all types of 2 Part Adhesive. McNett Black Witch is not the correct adhesive for this purpose, as that is a neoprene adhesive and don't go anywhere near Aquasure or similar for this need!!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1963 View Post
    You really need a 2 part adhesive to do this with, such as Mike suggests above Bostik 2402, or something similar like Beaver BOND - Aquabond and follow the instructions of mix and 2 applications with a time of a day or so between applications and put pressure on after the second coat, instructions can be found on the Beaver website for these types of adhesive in the documents and downloads section for the product, which are pretty generic for all types of 2 Part Adhesive. McNett Black Witch is not the correct adhesive for this purpose, as that is a neoprene adhesive and don't go anywhere near Aquasure or similar for this need!!
    So that one in the link above should do it?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Does the catalyst in that stuff last more than one use?

Had loads of bother with the glass bottles of catalyst from otter evaporating once bottle used once

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Otter are sending me some stuff FOC to do it

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Does the catalyst in that stuff last more than one use?

Had loads of bother with the glass bottles of catalyst from otter evaporating once bottle used once
    You can buy small packs to use as you need it. You can also buy the part B separately. Also worth getting a load of C1013 thinner/cleaner.

I've found this stuff to be substantially stronger than 2402.
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast