Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    The 660s are really thick. The Kubi Marigolds are really thin. The 720s are Goldilocks gloves and are just right. They're also a bit darker blue so not quite as Smurfy.
    https://www.showagloves.com/showa-720-nitrile
    Or, if you're clumsy like me, maybe stick with 660s precisely because they're thicker!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    I spoke with kubi and they hadnít heard of anyone else having problems with the heavy duty gloves sticking.
    Mine have gone sticky too (and rarely see any light). The rubber's perishing so not long for this world. Spoke to some people on the boat on Monday about this and theirs have gone sticky too. With more people on here also saying the same I'd suggest that Mr Kubi's either not listening or doesn't know his product.

Thanks Woz for the Showa tips.

I've got some spare Showa 660s and will give it a whizz to try and fit them. I hope they're not as hard to fit as the thick "Kubi" gloves are. They were so difficult to fit I ended up buying another pair of Kubi rings for summer use. The thick Kubis work well in that they keep you warm and dry, but it's like wearing boxing gloves as the feeling and dexterity goes.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post

I've got some spare Showa 660s and will give it a whizz to try and fit them. I hope they're not as hard to fit as the thick "Kubi" gloves are. They were so difficult to fit I ended up buying another pair of Kubi rings for summer use. The thick Kubis work well in that they keep you warm and dry, but it's like wearing boxing gloves as the feeling and dexterity goes.
    Don't forget to watch the video and get/make one of those rings to fit the 660s - if you try to fit them like 'normal' kubi gloves they'll leak because the 660s are lined.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have one of the formers from Becky, so need a play.

Seem to be getting through a lot of G17K gloves recently. Praise be for warm water and the FE Glove Liners which keep your hands warm when wet.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Does anyone know if Becky takes orders for the fitting rings, and if she does, is she on the forum here ?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Others on here should be able to contact her through FB or other means.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    I spoke with kubi and they hadnít heard of anyone else having problems with the heavy duty gloves sticking. I tried washing mine and am certain itís made them worse. Never been left out in the sun always hung up to dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Mine have gone sticky too (and rarely see any light). The rubber's perishing so not long for this world. Spoke to some people on the boat on Monday about this and theirs have gone sticky too. With more people on here also saying the same I'd suggest that Mr Kubi's either not listening or doesn't know his product.
    Likewise. I suspect he's giving it the Nelson touch, but with selective deafness!!!
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I use the 660's on mine, looked at the showa gloves and thought they were way too dear for what they were

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My partner uses Maxi Dry gloves which are much more heavy duty than marigolds but still incredibly flexible for using with a camera. Still lined, like a showa, so i'd imagine they need installing on the kubi system in the same way. The textured fingers and palms are great.

Sharon

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You don't need special rings to fit showas to Kubis... Here's a video for the KWTT system, the principle is the same...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVT0...ture=emb_title

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast