Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egypt

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Egypt

Just had this from a reliable source:

Currently FCO advice is still stating only essential travel to Egypt however we have had some guests go over the last few weeks. They have had to have proof of a negative PCR (COVID-19) test that was done no more than 72 hours before arrival, and then they were required to self-isolate for 14 days on return back to the UK. Do these requirements make a trip in November a viable option for you?

Sad , as i would so love to be there for my December Live-aboard but not willing to take the penalties :-(

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You don’t need any insider information, you can look this up easily on the FCO website.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    it was more about those who went and were willing to pay the penalties :-)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You’d probably have to think carefully as your dive insurance will possibly be invalid as you are travelling against the advice of your government.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2cool View Post
    You’d probably have to think carefully as your dive insurance will possibly be invalid as you are travelling against the advice of your government.
    This. If you need a chamber ride, it's not a great time to find out that your insurance takes a dim view of breaking FCO guidelines (and they prob will). Also bear in mind that the airline industry is in total meltdown. There is real possibility of getting stranded, and given FCO advice was broken, it's unlikely the govt or the insurance would fund a route home. I woudn't reccomend it. There's a real chance that some more airlines will fail before the winter is out.
    Exeter - Falmouth University BSAC #2551
    Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have friends out there now on a liveaboard, flew on a Turkish airline via Istanbul Hurghada out and back.

All flight re scheduling being dealt with by Budgetair so far they have managed to get an extra day out of it.
    Rgds

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2cool View Post
    You can get travel insurance for places that are against FCO advice. Costs more of course.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsaan View Post
    You can get travel insurance for places that are against FCO advice. Costs more of course.
    Does anyone know exactly what DAN say/do regarding this??? They generally seem to be less in the "you pay us - we don't pay you" camp than most insurances

Established TDF Member Georgina's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    In theory, I should leave Egypt in order to be able to renew my annual tourist visa. But looking at the new COVID cases everyday in the UK, and in Europe too (30,000 yesterday for France), I am just going to stay put in the sunshine and enjoy the upcoming 4th edition of El Gouna Film Festival which will mainly be open air and under strict hygiene rules

https://www.facebook.com/ElGounaFilm...01754074553951
    ..........o ><)))*>
    .......O o
    . ><)))*>...o
    Georgina

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    In theory, I should leave Egypt in order to be able to renew my annual tourist visa. But looking at the new COVID cases everyday in the UK, and in Europe too (30,000 yesterday for France), I am just going to stay put in the sunshine and enjoy the upcoming 4th edition of El Gouna Film Festival which will mainly be open air and under strict hygiene rules

https://www.facebook.com/ElGounaFilm...01754074553951
    How far do you have to go outside of Egypt? And how long do you have to stay away for? Would a bus trip and a long weekend in the next country be ok?
    Mind you, looking at your neighbours...........
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast