Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Si Teck Neck Seal Systems?

Having had a positive experience with the Si-Tech changeable wrist seals - about 90 seconds from tearing the seal pulling my suit on to get on the rib to having the new seal in place and suit on, I quite fancy next go round to have one of the Si-Tech Neck seal systems put on my suit. Now there are 3 systems showing, Quick Neck, Neck Tite and O-rust. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Cheers
    Dave

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Quick Neck system has served me well. It's not as quick to change as my kubi wrist seals and it helps if you have a nice surface to work with. For me, it might not save a dive on a boat. Assuming I could pop into the wheelhouse for 10 minutes, it would certainly save the next dive though. I've never had a neck seal fail just before a dive. So, for me, the key is that it saves the cost of a neck seal change.

I've never had an issue with movement or flexibility either OC/CCR. Probably adds some weight but my Otter Brittanic aint light in the first place so it's not a problem.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    yeah, super easy to change. With that and kubi drygloves- i no longer get 'seal anxiety' when going on a trip because i know i can fix seals in a couple of minutes

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Had both neck and wrist seals tear last weekend. Kubi wrist seal's about 5 mins to replace. Sitec Quick Neck about 10 mins.

Biggest challenge is trimming the size; must ensure any seal trimming is cut completely straight with no stress points (which is why the neck seal tore). Think the wrist seal tore as I'd lubed it and there was a delay in putting the arms in so the lube dried up.

The Quick Neck seal could pretty much be done without tools.
    Last edited by Wibs; 23-09-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think the Neck-tite was the original. The Quick Neck (with the knobbly bit around the edge) is supposed to be more flexible. The Orust says it's even more flexible, but also has clips around the edge to hold it together.

I have the Quick Neck and find it comfortable and flexible (I can't tell any difference to the previous latex one). It's easy to change seals (I take a spare silicone one on trips, but you can put in a latex one if you prefer/that's all you can get hold of).

I had my Quick Neck fitted by Otter. They charged only slightly more to supply and fit than it would have cost me to buy the system and the glue to DIY.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've used the Neck-tite and the Quick-neck.
    The neck-tite was retrofitted to my suit by Dennis at Predator
    The Quick-neck came fitted to my current suit.

Very happy with both. Never had a neck seal go using them (silicon seals) so can't comment on what they're like to change but always have spare seals and the fitting tool with me.
    The quick neck is a bit more more flexible than the neck tite was.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It looks like the way to go, once diving gets a bit quieter and hoping they have a decent turn around time.

Thanks for the input !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dennis at Predator recommends the O-Rust, so that is what I have on my Predator suit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The great thing is you can now add a neoprene neck seal to the Si tech systems, fantastic!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyG View Post
    The great thing is you can now add a neoprene neck seal to the Si tech systems, fantastic!
    That would be good as I prefer a neoprene neck seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast