Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Intersorb 812 vs Sofnolime 787 on a Revo

On a Revo using RMS, is there any difference in dive time between Sofnolime 787 and Intersorb 812?

Any reasons for not using 812? There's a 30% difference in price between the two!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Pass on revo. From an AP perspective the temp stick is calibrated To sofnalime 797 so alternative lime doesn’t give an accurate reflection on use. Advice to AP users having to use alternative lime (only when 797 isn’t available) is to drastically reduce time on the scrubber.
    Again I wouldn’t look to scrimp on Diving a unit if revo specify 797 use 797.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    On a Revo using RMS, is there any difference in dive time between Sofnolime 787 and Intersorb 812?

Any reasons for not using 812? There's a 30% difference in price between the two!
    What does the manual say to use or do you presume to know more than the manual?
    Seemingly I am a wannabe JJ wanker

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post

It's like you don't know about your unit's manufacturer http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...tersorb812.pdf

so you get less time, now you need to do the math on cost v duration of the two

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    797 lasts about 30% longer spherasorb, according to available research on the inspo, so the cheaper 'sorb is false economy :-) Use it if you can't get anything else, but knock 1/3rd off the time

https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._diving_system

Intersorb is for industrial/refinery use (from the same company as spherasorb) https://www.hydrocarbons-technology....rb-spherasorb/

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post
    797 lasts about 30% longer spherasorb, according to available research on the inspo, so the cheaper 'sorb is false economy :-) Use it if you can't get anything else, but knock 1/3rd off the time

https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._diving_system

Intersorb is for industrial/refinery use (from the same company as spherasorb) https://www.hydrocarbons-technology....rb-spherasorb/

This research was 797 against Spherasorb. (I think done because Spherasorb was widely used?) which isn't apples to apples. Spherasorb is different (bigger granules) to the 812 Divelime, which is similar(ish) sized to 797. The size of the granules makes a difference. Ideally we would see a comparison of 797 against Divelime 812 and Mol Products CD grade against Spherasorb.

There has been the research done by rEvo who were happy enough to publish guidelines and I am sure I once saw a test by AP diving on 797 v Divelime 812, where the basic outcome were small difference in warm water (10%) and a bigger difference in cold water 15% 25%? The key thing being that the Tempstick on the Inspo isn't as useful indicating life left in 812 as it was designed against Sofnolime. I'm not sure about how RMS works with it.

Bottom line is 797 is a superior chemical, but Divelime is getting closer to the point the price difference "may" be worth it, if as in my case you usually manage to put 2 hours on a scrubber then bin it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    What is the price difference?

I paid £70 for 797 this time last year
    Seemingly I am a wannabe JJ wanker

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    What is the price difference?

I paid £70 for 797 this time last year
    £60 a tub from Divelime, including delivery to uk mainland

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    What does the manual say to use or do you presume to know more than the manual?
    You can read it yourself in the press release http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...tersorb812.pdf

"DIVELIME and rEvo announce that Intersorb® 812 is approved for use in rEvo Rebreathers

DIVELIME, the UK based distributor of dive grade soda lime Intersorb®812 and rEvo Rebreathers, the Belgium based manufacturer of the rEvo II and rEvo III closed circuit rebreathers (CCR) have announced that Intersorb® 812 has been approved for use in all versions of rEvo’s rebreather products.

Intersorb® 812 is an 8 –12 mesh (1.0–2.5mm) dive grade soda lime manufactured in the UK by Intersurgical, and distributed by Premier Chemicals Ltd via their subsidiary DIVELIME.

rEvo Rebreathers have recently evaluated Intersorb® 812 in tests according to the EN14143 standard. Based on the results of these tests, rEvo are approving Intersorb® 812 for use in their rebreathers, with the following recommendations:
    • Water temperature 4°C to 15°C – Recommended** maximum dive time 2hrs 30minsor one cycle every 1hr 45mins
    • Water temperature 15°C (or above) – Recommended** maximum dive time 4hrs 30mins or one cycle every 3 hours

The 2.50kg total fill weight (1.25kg per scrubber canister) for Intersorb®812 combined with its competitive price makes Intersorb® 812 a very cost-effective solution for rEvo users. Intersorb® 812 is available in 2 pack sizes – 5 litre (4.5kg) Jerricans, and 20kg kegs.

**recommendation is based on constant O2 consumption of 1.33l/min at 30RMV (at 40m depth, with air diluent, and minimum 1.25kg scrubber material in each canister). No assumption should be made for longer durations because of eventual lower oxygen consumption."

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrygoss View Post
    £60 a tub from Divelime, including delivery to uk mainland

B
    That's for a 20kg tub of Intersorb 812, not (or I can't find it on their site) Sofnolime 787. Hence my question.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast