Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dive masks

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have always used Tusa masks and really really like them.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When I started diving I found a mask that worked for me and nothing else has matched it. MW1963 will be pleased to hear it is the Beaver Atomic Frameless.
    Pity they don't offer a prescription variant as the crazy world is getting so unfocussed I need to adjust my eyes to keep up!

M.D., Beaver Sports (Yorks) Ltd
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Back in the 80's TUSA or Tabata as they were known, which lead to the TUSA name 'Tabata Underwater Space Adventure', which not many will recall!! were the dogs dangly bits of Dive Masks, as the quality/softness of their silicone was pretty unique. Over the years, excepting the Chinese made crap that some profit only based manufacturers chose and possibly some Italian 'budget made' models, everything else caught up years ago. In reality there are 4 kingpins in a mask, these are fit, comfort, availabilty of spares and field of vision and why people pay well over £50.00 for a mask based on a brand name is beyond me....

M.D., Beaver Sports (Yorks) Ltd
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post
    When I started diving I found a mask that worked for me and nothing else has matched it. MW1963 will be pleased to hear it is the Beaver Atomic Frameless.
    Pity they don't offer a prescription variant as the crazy world is getting so unfocussed I need to adjust my eyes to keep up!
    Being a single lens mask, it's basically impossible to offer a prescription model, back in 'the day' there were quite a few companies producing stick on lenses to suit pretty much any mask, but over the years sadly I think they all packed in due to the market being tiny. I remember being at the DEMA show in Las Vegas many years ago, which is pretty much the worldwide meeting of the diving industry and a Taiwanese supplier got a mask out of his bag and said 'what do you think of this???'. I looked at it and thought 'what a load of shit that is'. Then I put it on and it was 'Wow', the field of vision compared to anything else was simply stunning. That was probably around 20 years or more ago and since then we have sold in excess of 75.000, even just today more than 50 were shipped were shipped out to dive shops throughout Europe. This leads me to 'Bollocks to Brexit' :<((((

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post
    How about something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydrotac-St...E7JZQYJ4WYX3V4

I've got some 2 dioptre stick on lenses for my mask although I don't often use them. I only need them for reading my computre low light and since I normally carry a torch....

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I tried some of the stick on lenses and found that they ended up floating off after a few dives, if anyone has tips to keep them in please let me know.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Put them in the dishwashert first to get them squeaky clean. Be careful not to the area of glass where the lenses will go.

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Be careful not to the area of glass where the lenses will go.
    I think there might be a word missing there, and probably an important one.

Are the ones you used the ones that you just get wet and place on, or do they have some adhesive?

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by barnaby_s View Post
    I think there might be a word missing there, and probably an important one.

Are the ones you used the ones that you just get wet and place on, or do they have some adhesive?
    Oooh lets play a game.
    1. Touch
    2. Lick
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Like a real diver but smaller apparently purple vonny's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thumbs up for the Aqualung Linea, arrived a few days ago. Great fit and no fog. (burned and toothpasted). Old foggy masks in the bin. They do degrade over time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast