Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWdiver View Post
    If you've got 5, how can you tell that THREE haven't failed or are reading unusually?

More (possibly conflicting) information is a recipe for disaster imo. With cell issues it's the human factors cock up thats the problem.

With three cells it's abundantly clear if you have an issue. Even the much talked about double current limited scenario. It's also possible to diagnose the issue with three cells.

I could run my unit with 4 cells but it wouldn't provide any benefit over 3. Much like with 5.
    Me, as a numpty novice, could clearly see that the weak cell (moved to number one position) was colluding with the second cell and that the other three which had all behaved that week were in agreement.

More importantly though is that you’re happy to dive without redundant cells and electronics. I’m not, so I’m very happy to have three cells on the Petrel controller and two completely separate cells with independent wiring on the backup Nerd.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonG View Post
    How does the stack monitoring system work Wibs?
    It’s a tempstick.

Actually, it’s way way more sophisticated than that. The scrubbers have four dual temperature probes in the sorb and one below the can which are inductively connected to the receiver. This, in Conjunction with the controller work out the reaction front and estimate the time remaining taking into account the diver's weight and gender. Of course this will change when under work or rest, but this is easily understood with the estimated remaining time on display.

TBH I was really impressed with this tech. Saves a fortune in scrubber and would be invaluable in overhead diving.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I run 4 cells. 3 for the Inspo, and the 4th as a spare. Inspo is 123, Nerd is 124. So if one cell craps out, at least I know my spare is working when I drop to 3.
    There has been at least one fatality of an experienced diver using out of date cells where one deviated and he believed the other 2. Sadly it was the 2 that were faulty together.
    What's da solution kidz? What should you do with faulty cell readings?
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Just spent the last week diving on my new Revo unit and am utterly delighted with it. Love the clean design with a clear front and armoured counter lungs. There’s fully redundant electronics which are not connected in any way, with five cells (3 on the controller, 2 on the Nerd backup). Scrubber usage is amazingly frugal, 1.3kg a fill plus the only accurate scrubber monitoring system that correctly predicts the remaining time. A redundant second scrubber. It is dived with flat trim and has really simple attachment system for the suit inflate and batteries.

The choice was a no-brainer over the other Inspiration-style units. Owning and diving a Revo has just reinforced my choice.
    Lol so you spent the week on mod 1 learning how to give the manufacturers sales spiel :-P

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Lol so you spent the week on mod 1 learning how to give the manufacturers sales spiel :-P
    Or confirming my beliefs.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Me, as a numpty novice, could clearly see that the weak cell (moved to number one position) was colluding with the second cell and that the other three which had all behaved that week were in agreement.

More importantly though is that you’re happy to dive without redundant cells and electronics. I’m not, so I’m very happy to have three cells on the Petrel controller and two completely separate cells with independent wiring on the backup Nerd.
    If you moved the cell, you knew it was faulty. Why would you dive with a cell that you knew was faulty?
    JJ wanker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    What's da solution kidz? What should you do with faulty cell readings?
    Isnt that what dil flushes are for?
    JJ wanker

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    If you moved the cell, you knew it was faulty. Why would you dive with a cell that you knew was faulty?
    We all know the answer to that. You can't get new cells at the moment and a Revo has 5 cells to choose from.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Isnt that what dil flushes are for?
    Ffs don't be a silly c5nt . both diving nerds why make shit simple .
    None diver as of 2018.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    We all know the answer to that. You can't get new cells at the moment and a Revo has 5 cells to choose from.
    Cutting corners on week 1. This can only go well
    JJ wanker

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast