Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's how I run mine as WFO says above, it becomes a bit more intuitive in time, if I sense the need to adjust buoyancy I also look at PO2 before adding to suit, in case the first port of call is a top up.

Otherwise if you adjust suit volume immediately you feel the need, then realise you need to up the lungs, you end up dumping the suit or worse part of the loop and adjusting PO2 again.

On ascent it's worth a bit of a pre-load before you set off, not big numbers but just up the PO2 slightly because it will soon tumble and then its easier to hit set point at the next ceiling depth, initially if you allow the PO2 to drop during the ascent til you get your shit together the hike in TTS can be a bit of a stressor.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonG View Post
    On ascent it's worth a bit of a pre-load before you set off, not big numbers but just up the PO2 slightly because it will soon tumble and then its easier to hit set point at the next ceiling depth, initially if you allow the PO2 to drop during the ascent til you get your shit together the hike in TTS can be a bit of a stressor.
    I get round that by completely ignoring TTS until I'm at first stop and get all my shit in one sock

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I get round that by completely ignoring TTS until I'm at first stop and get all my shit in one sock
    And just bump the SP up manually to 1.5 when you start to ascend.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonG View Post
    That's how I run mine as WFO says above, it becomes a bit more intuitive in time, if I sense the need to adjust buoyancy I also look at PO2 before adding to suit, in case the first port of call is a top up.

Otherwise if you adjust suit volume immediately you feel the need, then realise you need to up the lungs, you end up dumping the suit or worse part of the loop and adjusting PO2 again.

preload before accent

Edit
    I ran the numbers on this and depending what the actual PO2 is in the loop at the start of the ascent, it only takes 20-25m (2-2.5 min) of ascent for the PO2 to drop to hypoxic .

Not my post taken from a nother forum .
    Last edited by gobfish1; 31-07-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I have a needle valve on the Inspo. No worrying about blocked orifices or twiddling with IP. Just potter about and when you get to the bottom, twiddle it a bit so you don't have to squirt O2 in very often. Generally if you are diving multiple days of the same vague depth (say a Scapa week) you set it once then leave it alone all week. Has the added benefit of never firing the solenoid during the dive so batteries last aaaaages.
    What make needle valve
    Last edited by gobfish1; 31-07-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by gobfish1 View Post
    Edit this came to mind when we talk preload
    I ran the numbers on this and depending what the actual PO2 is in the loop at the start of the ascent, it only takes 20-25m (2-2.5 min) of ascent for the PO2 to drop to hypoxic
    Not my post taken from a nother forum .
    You ran those numbers mate?
    Don't stack up to me.

20m 1.3 43% in loop... fine on surface obviously
    40m 1.3 26% in loop ... still alright as would only drop to 0.78 bar o2 if you went up 20m to 20m.
    100m 1.3 12% in loop ... go up to 80m that's 1.08

Not saying a bit of pre load is bad (I generally don't bother tbh but maybe I should) but nowhere near going hypoxic from a 20m ascent

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    You ran those numbers mate?
    Don't stack up to me.

20m 1.3 43% in loop... fine on surface obviously
    40m 1.3 26% in loop ... still alright as would only drop to 0.78 bar o2 if you went up 20m to 20m.
    100m 1.3 12% in loop ... go up to 80m that's 1.08

Not saying a bit of pre load is bad (I generally don't bother tbh but maybe I should) but nowhere near going hypoxic from a 20m ascent
    Just something I read . Can't be arsed to work out the numbers but think time and accent was his point. Eneywho I used to bump mine up for accent .

TTS is only going one way then .
    And I'd rather dance than fall a sleep .
    Last edited by gobfish1; 31-07-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718