X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebreather Pilot
    New TDF Member
    • Jun 2020

Just Registered...Love my Dolphin...

I'm a new member...just registered...been diving SCR since 2012...currently on fourth unit...brand new Dolphin...some TecMe mods...loop mounted sensor house...

Great to be here...

Does not appear to be much SCR action anymore...I have a great time with mine...10 times the gas conservation over OC...easy and safe to apply some trick mods through TecMe...

I dive mine with a 3AL 50...and a 3AL 19 for bailout...with the 50 I get more duration than I would from double 133's...without the weight/heavy lugging...

For all those out there wanting to try rebreather diving...the Dolphin is a great start...I liked it and stayed...you can be up and running for about $2000. with a new unit (there's still lots of NOS available with a little looking)...good spares sources are still available...there are still probably more Dolphins either in use or in storage than all the ''other'' marketable rebreathers put together...

TecMe has a much improved PPO2 monitoring system available...I still use the simple/reliable Drager OXYgauge...I have the MK ll version...one piece housing...the original unit had a two piece housing with a glued seam that was prone to leaking...

The Dolphin has its limitations...that's OK...because the unit's limitations match my own...
    Last edited by Rebreather Pilot; 18-06-2020, 01:07 PM. Reason: addition
Working...