Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I think they cancelled that for this year, luckily also the morris festival.
    Finally, something good from this pandemic.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Finally, something good from this pandemic.
    Poor little chaps need an outing.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is it the repair van behind them? Not a Leyland van either!

Any news on the Swanage boats? Open? Opening?

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Is it the repair van behind them? Not a Leyland van either!

The vehicle at the back holds the groupies. They need a van for the chair lift.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Swanage charters are back w.e.f 4th July (which is the correct time - prior to this is against the rules). Divers will be required to sign a disclaimer they are free of symptoms.

This seems very sensible to me. I think airlines should require all passengers to hold insurance that if they pass on the disease the insurance will pay for everyone to be treated and all hospitalisation plus $1 million if they are killed by to go to the family. The insurance should cover all quarantine for all the other passengers. I would have thought such a level of cover is not too hard to achieve. Maybe something like that for dive boats so if you infect another diver you pay for them and if they cannot dive or die the insurance pays out $1 million.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Swanage charters are back w.e.f 4th July (which is the correct time - prior to this is against the rules). Divers will be required to sign a disclaimer they are free of symptoms.

This seems very sensible to me. I think airlines should require all passengers to hold insurance that if they pass on the disease the insurance will pay for everyone to be treated and all hospitalisation plus $1 million if they are killed by to go to the family. The insurance should cover all quarantine for all the other passengers. I would have thought such a level of cover is not too hard to achieve. Maybe something like that for dive boats so if you infect another diver you pay for them and if they cannot dive or die the insurance pays out $1 million.

What a silly idea! Should I have insurance against every potential convenience I might inflict on everyone else?
    ( time to invest in insurance stock)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post

What a silly idea! Should I have insurance against every potential convenience I might inflict on everyone else?
    ( time to invest in insurance stock)
    I run a business and have to have insurance against any potential injury I might inflict on others so yes. But with this specific issue it seems reasonable to me that if people want to ignore the risk they should insure against it. No different to having to have third party insurance for a car. Don't want to pay the insurance don't have a car. Simples.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    injury I might inflict lol

No your insurance won't want to pay out if you inflict injurys . But you could end up in jail .
    None diver as of 2018.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Proving that you had it first & not some other passenger will be interesting ? Plus free of symptoms does not mean you are not a carrier so how do you stand then ?
    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by colinicky View Post
    Proving that you had it first & not some other passenger will be interesting ? Plus free of symptoms does not mean you are not a carrier so how do you stand then ?
    That's the point of insurance though. No one (much) sets out to have a car crash but it pays out when you do. The "blame game" seems mostly to be a result of greedy bastard scum becoming insurance people and the bonkers decision by Blair to let no win no fee ambulance chaser filth to set up in the UK like they were in the US.

Adding another 20-30 quid to your travel insurance or whatever doesn't seem much of an issue to me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast