• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stuart Keasley
    bottlefish
    • Dec 2012

May Underwater Photo Competition : "My Favourite Photo"

Originally posted by steelemonkey

Taken some years ago but I like this because it is what I show to non divers to show them how nice it is off the UK coast. Chesil Cove to be exact. The bright sun, white sand, coloured weeds and an exotic creature make people think this is somewhere abroad.
    Originally posted by Tim Digger
    This is one of my favorite images. It was my PC screen background for several years. Taken in Bonaire in 2007 with the old Cannon G1 in Ikelite box. It is quite heavily processed but this gives it a slightly surreal almost Disney air which I find quite attractive.
    Originally posted by Pete Bullen
    It's very hard to pic(k) a single favourite but this image genuinely changed my life

Originally posted by Firefly
    A tough task to choose a favourite so in the end I've gone for the one I've had framed for the dining room wall.

Crab - Inachus sp on Snakelocks anemone (Anemonia viridis)

Originally posted by Alex Denny

I'm pretty sure there is a version where I've corrected the colours somewhere - but I think it looks nice blue anyway. My missus being used for scale in there! ;-)
    Originally posted by Robbie Moubert
    After a couple of years using the Bonica Snapper around the turn of the century and before getting my Canon S120 in 2014 I didn't have an underwater camera. On a Red Sea trip in 2010 my buddy and I saw a Scorpion Fish sitting on the bottom. There was no way to get down to its level so my buddy took some shots from above with his Fujifilm Finepix . I knew these wouldn't be particularly interesting shots so I signalled him to give me his camera. Hovering head down I stuck the camera down in front of the fish, guessed at the correct angle (I couldn't see the screen) and hoped for the best. The end result is by no means perfect but I was delighted with it at the time and it remains one of my favourite pictures that I've taken.

Originally posted by smileydiver
    My photos are never technically good and so I went for my favourite photo because of what is in it. I had wanted to see tiger sharks for so long and when I finally got to see them in Ponta D'Ouro 2018 and again in 2019 it made me ecstatically happy! Some great memories
    Originally posted by Jerry_
    One from January (before the lock down) in a local quarry - so far one of my favourites for 2020

Steelemonkey
    0%
    Tim Digger
    0%
    Pete Bullen
    0%
    Firefly
    0%
    Alex Denny
    0%
    Robbie Moubert
    0%
    Smileydiver
    0%
    Jerry_
    0%

The poll is expired.

Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell
  • Stuart Keasley
    bottlefish
    • Dec 2012

Congratulations Steelemonkey, over to you
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Comment

• steelemonkey
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Thank you all.
      Paul.
      If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
      Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

Working...