Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have a Garmin Vivosport.

The GPS function is switchable, and destroys the battery life.
    Wrist based heart rate is not as good as a chest band used with previous vivofit, but that failed and I had allready destroyed two vivo fits by wearing them in work.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Horses for courses, we have a few Fitbits in the family, the way we use them has no requirement for GPS functionality (or the associated cost!).
    If you are walking for pleasure / exercise or just want an idea of how much you move around normally they are quite fun.
    The heart rate measure can sometimes be a bit erratic, but again quite good to know. The phone app is decent (alerts on Fitbit for calls and messages etc) and let's you monitor all this stuff as well as your sleep if you want to keep it on!
    Overall I'd say they can be a positive thing to encourage exercise, the 10,000 steps a day idea is a decent motivator when you have a device that counts all your steps.
    We had a couple of the early models, but have graduated to the Charge 4 which has enough functionality for us. We did consider the ones that support swimming, but decided we weren't bothered enough to pay the extra.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12