Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: VOTE: April 2020 Non-Diving Photo Competition - COVID: changes to my everyday life

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Georgina

0 0%
  • OrangeHead

1 7.14%
  • Pete Bullen

4 28.57%
  • Firefly

2 14.29%
  • Tim Digger

1 7.14%
  • Stuart Keasley

2 14.29%
  • Finless

4 28.57%
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

VOTE: April 2020 Non-Diving Photo Competition - COVID: changes to my everyday life

Here's the poll - running until Wednesday mid afternoon. Thanks to everyone who entered* - it's interesting to get such different takes on people's lockdown worlds.

*The absence of photos from those who have demanded them in everyone else's threads has been duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    Empty!

It is hard to capture a whole town that is empty in one photo. This is the hotel next door to me, like all the 19 hotels in El Gouna - closed.

Countless shops closed. Restaurants closed whilst some are just doing home delivery.

It is not like everyone is at home. The tourists left. The hotel and shop workers have left.

No sound of daily water aerobics, no beat of the music drifting in the wind at night from the marina, no aircraft.

Looking in the other direction out to sea, no white dive boats moored at the reefs.

Just the beautiful sound of bird song and the wind rustling the palm trees

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHead View Post
    Perhaps you'll permit a screenshot of a photogrammetry model? My local bar, as I've never seen it before
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Bullen View Post
    I have no clients, no visitors, not allowed to dive and have loads of time on my hands and a wife who is happy to let me make stuff.. so scrounged up some pallets and made this coffee table.

Oh, and the bookcase in the corner alcove and the long shelf on the back wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Overall we are very lucky here and as far as changes go we are unable to go diving, go to restaurants or travel to meet friends so are spending our weekends trying new recipes, this is the result of one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Here is an image summing up the change to my life, since leaving retirement. This on a public road on the way to work as NHS clinical liaison for ventilators transported by MOD. It would be very unwise of me to post anything any closer to my workplace.

The irony of the name is not lost on me. But we try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Keasley View Post
    One of the gifts that the lockdown has brought me; more time, to appreciate my family, home, garden, and more time to do some of the things I love. Photography has, sadly, taken a back sit with me for quite a while now, so enjoyed getting a bit creative in the back garden today

Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    This is late / poll not started / feel free to leave out. :-)

New ‘happiness goals’.
    Last edited by Jen - Winged Blob; 03-05-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So it's a tie - do I make the verdict here? If so, then although Finless' photo is a succinct snapshot of his life since lockdown, I must award the win to Pete for his magnificent woodwork. Well done Pete - over to you!

Dive tart, and 'tog Pete Bullen's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Jen.. will start the next one.
    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/