Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    The video is great quality (high bitrate etc) but the colours can be 'wrong' - fixing it requires competance in software like After Effects.
    Well. I can handle iMovie if it helps for the videos and I'm very good at Lightroom Classic if its needed for the pics.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Comparing the image noise at high ISO values; which one's quieter, which one's more sensitive?

This shows a side-by-side comparison:
    https://cameradecision.com/compare/O...-DSC-RX100-III

Similar ISO, but the Sony has the larger sensor. So on paper the Sony would be better. But, it's never about one issue.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor815 View Post
    Well. I can handle iMovie if it helps for the videos and I'm very good at Lightroom Classic if its needed for the pics.
    For the pics, the exact model you use of the RX will matter less. (Although, I think the RX100 II has a better lens than the subsequent models for underwater use, but the RX100 V and up uses a far better autofocus system.)

When it comes to video, as mentioned, I find I have to often colour correct quite aggressively and make use of stabilisation effects. In recent years iMovie has been dumbed down considerably so I would suggest use of Final Cut if you want to stay Apple. I use AE and Premiere as I've been using adobe software for decades. In the end it comes down to what you're trying to achieve. If you didn't already have a decent 4k capable underwater camera I'd say go for it, but don't dismiss the quality improvement you can make by just zonking down your TG 5 4k footage to 1080 or even 720. I honestly think you'll be disappointed with the RX1000 III for video bearing in mind it was released 6 years ago.

Also, up until the RX100 VI(?) the same stock housing would fit all the RX variants (which really future proofed it) - now it will only work up to the V. So it's not like you can buy the housing and upgrade to the latest model if you are disappointed in the III.

Hope that helps.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks so much for all the answers.

As it feels now after all the reviews you've show me I probably think I'll stick to my Olympus TG-5 for underwater photography and filming

However, I consider buying
    https://www.amazon.com/Suptig-Underw.../dp/B07BY7127G
    for better lighting and
    https://www.amazon.com/SHOOT-Alumini.../dp/B00P8KZHZ0
    for better hand holding

What do you think about that?

Please come up with suggestions for other products in the same areas of use

Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12