Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
    80/70 for air or nitrox with less than half an hour decompression, 70/60 for longer dives.
    Those are interesting, any rationale behind the choice?

Currently 55/70 personally, but like everyone says there are shades of grey in terms of ascent rate etc.

90/90 in back up.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonG View Post
    Those are interesting, any rationale behind the choice?

Currently 55/70 personally, but like everyone says there are shades of grey in terms of ascent rate etc.

90/90 in back up.
    I'm basically an 80/80 kind-of-a-guy for nitrogen dominated dives; dropping gf hi to 70 without touching gf low basically just incorporates the "safety stop" into the model.

The choice of lower GFs for higher nitrogen saturation dives is the direct result of discussions with Emanuel Dugrenot (well worth looking up his research papers if you have the time, but this probably isn't the place to discuss)

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
    I'm basically an 80/80 kind-of-a-guy for nitrogen dominated dives; dropping gf hi to 70 without touching gf low basically just incorporates the "safety stop" into the model.

The choice of lower GFs for higher nitrogen saturation dives is the direct result of discussions with Emanuel Dugrenot (well worth looking up his research papers if you have the time, but this probably isn't the place to discuss)
    I will look that up new one to me!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by M-J-J View Post
    I will look that up new one to me!
    Most computers won't let you set GF high lower than GF low, which has always seemed rather arbitrary to me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I use 60/90 for most all dives.
    If I go below 500' I will use 60/80 and if the bottom time is long, then will run 50/80.

Yes, I have been badly bent to learn this and do not recommend this to anyone.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    60/70 for everything so far.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    56 years old, Ex smoker, reasnobly fit but overweight 106kg 5'10" and has high blood presure 130/90 avg treated with 10mg of Lisinopril

Started CCR in 2004 and from 2004-2016 was averaging 30-40 dives in the 50-80m range for 180min run time every year with most dives being 50-70m due to the bit of sea we were diveing in and very ocasional deeper dives 80-100m

Since 2016 my average has reduced year on year, Now days I am doing about 10 dives in the 40-60m range usualy arround 50 being my preferance and often in 20c+ water.

Mind you, this year I havent dived at all aside from a few OC bimbles whilst I was in Ceylon at Christmas doesent look like I will get much in due to CV

80/80 for me for a few years now. With the caveat that I no longer do the 3-4 hour deep stuff I used to do. 60-90m range. I haven't been below 60m for a few years now due to the 2 hour time limits (or less) imposed on the dive boats.

I dived 30/95 for a few years, I dived 20/80 for a few years ( going back to about 2003) but I switched to 80/80 gradually after the deep stops study

I never got bent on any of the previous systems. I never got bent diving 2 VR3s to 115m for 5 hours run time, I never got bent doing 5 hours run after about an hour at 65-70m running 30/95

I don't consider any of that to be relevant as I have no idea how close to being bent I was or if I did any subclinical damage.

I switched because according to the latest research, 80/80 gives me a greater margin of safety than any of the previous systems I was using.

When and if more properly researched data becomes available, and if I am still doing deco and it recommends a different system as being safer still but offering similar run times ? , Ill switch to that system

I have no allegiance to any system and will always endeavour to use the one with the largest safety margin for the diving I do

My base line was 45mins at 70m within 3 hours (Because 3 hours was our target for most dives and 45min was my minimum expectation of bottom time)

Running my old 30/90GF that would be 157mins run

Running my new 80/80GF that's 156mins

I haven't done a week of big dives for a while but if I were to do it again id drop to 70/70 for all dives which would bring this to 170min

1.3 set point 14/65 gas (pre mix)

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36 View Post
    I use 60/90 for most all dives.
    If I go below 500' I will use 60/80 and if the bottom time is long, then will run 50/80.

Yes, I have been badly bent to learn this and do not recommend this to anyone.
    How are you now? I was only re-reading your CCRX thread again to my partner the other day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12