Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dive tart, and 'tog Pete Bullen's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When you put on your suit, zip closed , seals sorted etc the next thing most of us do is crouch down to squeeze out excess air from the suit before then putting on the BCD/wing etc. I always listen for air escaping from my shoulder dump as I crouch down. If it doesn't vent then ether it's closed or faulty but either way I know I need to fix it!
    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Bullen View Post
    When you put on your suit, zip closed , seals sorted etc the next thing most of us do is crouch down to squeeze out excess air from the suit before then putting on the BCD/wing etc. I always listen for air escaping from my shoulder dump as I crouch down. If it doesn't vent then ether it's closed or faulty but either way I know I need to fix it!
    One of my buddies kneels down and pushes her chest against her thighs to squeeze the air out. I think she is sick of me pointing out east and saying Mecca is that way.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was taught to hold the neck seal open while doing this. It gets more air out.
    But then I did learn with a cuff dump. I nowadays do a bit of both to check the dump too.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I leave as much air in my suit as I can until I descend. In my experience, if you squeeze it all out before you get in the water the suit does not snug in the right places

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123