Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    It's not nicknamed the 'Wet West' for nothing. They get an average of 9M of rain a year.

We were lucky that we had two bright sunny days there and some great diving. Driving back the day that you have dived is not recommended because of the height the road reaches (there's only one road in and out).
    The day we went to Milford Sound over the road you mention there was an hour delay while these guys cleared the road. I think they have a fairly permanent job. As I say two days later it5 was washed out and single line traffic for essential vehicles a week later. 200 people stuck in Milford Sound some helicoptered out wondered when and how they repatriated hire cars. Must be a regular occurrence though. Its not that it rains all the time we had several nice days but when it does!!

Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Only 5 entries so far and only 12 days left.

Just saying, is all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've not much on this so to make up the numbers this is a quick pic taken this evening and something not seen that often recently.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Another bump for the thread.
    Perhaps people are staying home and not seeing unexpected things.
    I intend to clean out the spare room today...............may be changing my entry.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Another bump for the thread.
    Perhaps people are staying home and not seeing unexpected things.
    I intend to clean out the spare room today...............may be changing my entry.
    Wow, I wish I had a spare room. All mine are used up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    Wow, I wish I had a spare room. All mine are used up.
    That's the problem. I need to get all the DIY stuff back into sheds. That will give me space to store the dive kit. That will free up the walk in cupboard in the bedroom. This will mean I can find out why the plaster is falling off the wall in there. The DIY stuff to deal with that will have to come back into the house but I will have to be more disciplined and take it back out side after each building session. Why can't rooms be as easy as sheds? They fill up and you build another! I have five out buildings now.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    That's the problem. I need to get all the DIY stuff back into sheds. That will give me space to store the dive kit. That will free up the walk in cupboard in the bedroom. This will mean I can find out why the plaster is falling off the wall in there. The DIY stuff to deal with that will have to come back into the house but I will have to be more disciplined and take it back out side after each building session. Why can't rooms be as easy as sheds? They fill up and you build another! I have five out buildings now.
    Five? FIVE? HOARDER!

Talking of horading. I saw a "how to piss your neighbours off" post on Facebook. To cut a long story short and make it less funny, you print off many pictues of toilet rolls, stick the pictures together and the stick the montage up in the window so it looks like you have hundreds ..... actually, without the visual aspect, it's not funny at all.

On my visit to Tesco last night I had wondered about the strips of high viz tape stuck to the floor outside the store. They didn't have what I wanted and so came away empty handed BUT Customer Services thought that they were receiving a delivery overnight but had "no idea what was going to be on it" (or so they told me).

I tried again this morning and the reason for the tape became apparent. They are queueing lines (2 mtrs apart) and only so many people are allowed in and then it is "one out and one in". The items I am looking for have not been available since this situation started and I had to decide if it was worth queing to find out that they still didn't have what I needed.

It would help if it were possible to find out IF wanted items were in stock before standing in a queue for an hour. Sigh, I wish I hadn't volunteered to help do shopping.

EDIT
    Sorry, forgot which thread I was on.
    Last edited by Finless; 26-03-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last day for entries! Get a wriggle on!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Came home to find HWMBO had done a bit of light pruning!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nice dog, what breed/breeds is it?
    Paul.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast