Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand sanitiser

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If he is a real person then he is a retired medical professional
    He is real, but not someone whose opinion I would seek - his career highpoint was doing the filler bits on that series about the human body by the plasticiser bloke. It was a tiny bit sensationalist.
    She said you know honey it's such a shame You'll never be any good at this game You bruise too easily

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
    I think a lot, even most, people don't get this.

It's highly likely given our woeful initial response that it will hit in a second wave no matter what, possibly becoming endemic.
    This is what is happening in China I think? People are taking the virus back to China to re-start the problem. Next on the schedule is mutation.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    This is what is happening in China I think? People are taking the virus back to China to re-start the problem. Next on the schedule is mutation.
    Rant Mode on

Flights are landing day after day from New York at Heathrow..........they can then get straight on the tube, no Quarantine, No temp check, no tracking.

Criminal level complacency. Our Government are utter cnuts. But hey....lets blame the Chinese, and the police for dyeing an already highly toxic quarry, something they do every year anyway.........

Rant mode off

Thankfully Coronvirus are reasonably stable historically........ Thankfully and Reasonably can mean whatever you like............hey, how long is a piece of string............
    Last edited by Paul Evans; 31-03-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rant Mode on

Flights are landing day after day from New York at Heathrow..........they can then get straight on the tube, no Quarantine, No temp check, no tracking.

Criminal level complacency. Our Government are utter cnuts. But hey....lets blame the Chinese, and the police for dyeing an already highly toxic quarry, something they do every year anyway.........

Rant mode off

Thankfully Coronvirus are reasonably stable historically........ Thankfully and Reasonably can mean whatever you like............hey, how long is a piece of string............
    I can see the world gradually stopping fights from States not just those historically politically opposed.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Criminal level complacency. Our Government are utter cnuts.........
    This is not news though. It may answer the question of why there is not widespread testing of the medical staff. Customer's wife is ambulance driver and cannot get tested - sent home with cough and now being begged to go back to work - untested and coughing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    This is not news though. It may answer the question of why there is not widespread testing of the medical staff. Customer's wife is ambulance driver and cannot get tested - sent home with cough and now being begged to go back to work - untested and coughing.
    And the Doctors, Nurses and all the other staff that make a hospital work..........

And some people seem to be more worried about their pension.............
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And yet there are testing kits available on line...................yeah, right. That's £249.00 I will not be sending to a stranger.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    And yet there are testing kits available on line...................yeah, right. That's £249.00 I will not be sending to a stranger.
    One of the great problems with times like these is the sudden appearance of fraudulent products. Do you remember the "water diviner" bomb detection device that some pillock was selling a while back?

One possibility of these types of tests is that they either don't work or require a degree of knowledge that the user might not have. Let's be honest here there are people for whom a TV remote is impenetrable technology. What I cannot understand is why there is a reluctance to test medical staff by the UK government. Is there a genuine shortage of test facilities? If so why and how do we overcome it. Or is it some halfwitted ideological nonsense? In which case how do we sack the idiot government.

There is a lot of debate here on TDF about data and how the variance comes about and what are the true rates of infection and mortality. This is welcome and understandable. We are all looking at different sources and wondering if they are accurate and impartial. What is surely agreed though is if you don't test people you canot establish the actual hard factual level of infection. We have to estimate it or just plain guess. This is why I return to the data from Vo' as it is empiric - everyone was tested. Of course the population of that town could be different in some way to other places, but it is unlikely.

If front line medical staff have it and spread it then the "cure" is part of the problem. This bit I do not understand. People involved in the transport of patients should surely be routinely tested? Every couple of days if not more frequently? If tests are in short supply then requisition the ones being sold. If tests are expensive they are surely cheaper than paying half the population to sit at home?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    However I think there is a genuine shortage of VALIDATED test kits. It is obviously not good to use a poorly performing test (false negative or positive are bad). How do you know it a test works cross check, with one or two Three seems to have been the number of O2 cells for a rebreather. I am sure this work is in progress with ramping up production which carries it's own problems. I am not a lab doctor but can easilt see this takes time.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    However I think there is a genuine shortage of VALIDATED test kits. It is obviously not good to use a poorly performing test (false negative or positive are bad). How do you know it a test works cross check, with one or two Three seems to have been the number of O2 cells for a rebreather. I am sure this work is in progress with ramping up production which carries it's own problems. I am not a lab doctor but can easilt see this takes time.
    And even scarier
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/31/testi...irus-12481933/

so is that a false positive, or did the kit just give it to you?

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast