Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand sanitiser

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    The "video is unavailable". Any other links? Have heard it's a great vid but not yet seen it! Can't find it on YouTube
    I know that it isn't yet available on YOUTUBE. I originally saw it on FACEBOOK and if you search on FACEBOOK for "Janey Godley Covid" you should find it (picture will be of Nicola Sturgeon).

I clicked on the YOU'VE BEEN TELT link and it worked fine? Maybe there is something in your browser stopping it from working like a 'family safe setting'? Maybe your browser doesn't like HYPERLINKS?
    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news...spoof-17967270

Anyway, all I can suggest, if you don't have a FACEBOOK account is to Google for :-
    "You've been telt" - sweary spoof of Nicola Sturgeon's coronavirus speech goes viral

There are a couple of sites showing it BUT the Edinburgh Live site was the only one that hadn't bleeped out the swear words (when I last looked).
    Last edited by Finless; 25-03-2020 at 11:42 AM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In Supermarket woman complaining that the stocks of toilet roll has all been sold out (again). Told by plumber in queue to have a 'Shattaf' (look it up - some available on eay) installed in her toilet. When she worked it out she shouted even louder that the plumber was disgusting for suggesting such a foreign (arabic - I'm being polite here) idea.

I'm embarrassed to be english!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    In Supermarket woman complaining that the stocks of toilet roll has all been sold out (again). Told by plumber in queue to have a 'Shattaf' (look it up - some available on eay) installed in her toilet. When she worked it out she shouted even louder that the plumber was disgusting for suggesting such a foreign (arabic - I'm being polite here) idea.

I'm embarrassed to be english!
    Ha,

mentionng a Shattaf reminds of something that happened a few years ago at work. I'd arranged for a new toilet & shower block to be built onsite but separate from the factory so the guys could get clean away from the production area. Mains water pressure and supply was unreliable so we put a 5000 litre water tank on top of the single story building with a ballcock so that there would always be a steady flow.

All was well until summer kicked in. Ambient shade temp over 40C and the water in the tank ( in direct sunlight) was over 60C. There were a few yelps and scream as a jet of hot water hit the sensitve areas.

I know I shouldnt have laughed but couldnt help it.

Got it sorted with a sunshade and fitted a tank cooler.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Ha,

mentionng a Shattaf reminds of something that happened a few years ago at work. I'd arranged for a new toilet & shower block to be built onsite but separate from the factory so the guys could get clean away from the production area. Mains water pressure and supply was unreliable so we put a 5000 litre water tank on top of the single story building with a ballcock so that there would always be a steady flow.

All was well until summer kicked in. Ambient shade temp over 40C and the water in the tank ( in direct sunlight) was over 60C. There were a few yelps and scream as a jet of hot water hit the sensitve areas.

I know I shouldnt have laughed but couldnt help it.

Got it sorted with a sunshade and fitted a tank cooler.
    Had similar with shower temperatures in Chad with temps in the shade hitting 60⁰.

20,000L bags of water sitting in the sun all day, plumbed directly to the showers.

Water restrictions allowed for a daily limit of 30 secs water per person per day. You washed in what came out of the shower head, too hot or not.

The days where the water purifier was down and there were no showers, you reflected on how glad you were of the bit of scalding water you got
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    Brilliant (as usual from Janey Godley). The fact that Nicola Sturgeon actually retweeted it (albeit with a rider that stated it wasn't official) says a lot about it. Definitely putting it in language a lot of folk will get.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren A View Post
    Oh no, the shame of it.......

Change it to whatever you want, I really couldnít care less.

Got a greenie (remember those?) saying Ďno wonder UCM is shitting it - heís ancientí

You all carry on whipping yourselves into a frenzy over it.

Letís just get a bit of perspective. Since this thing started More people have been killed in car accidents in the uk than have died from this in the Uk. Those people were babies, young people, old people - probably mostly all healthy. Reading the reports, I donít think that any one has died solely as a result of CV. Ie otherwise healthy.

Just calm down.
    You are a fucking moron. Thatís coming from an ICU consultant who is looking after these people for the last two weeks. They are aged 21-52.
    Karma is a real bitch and Iíd be keen to see your face when you realise what kind of rationing we will have to implement and how would it impact you. It wonít be pretty and thatís because of stupid fucking assholes like you.

Happy to be banned!

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamyourgasman View Post
    You are a fucking moron. That’s coming from an ICU consultant who is looking after these people for the last two weeks. They are aged 21-52.
    Karma is a real bitch and I’d be keen to see your face when you realise what kind of rationing we will have to implement and how would it impact you. It won’t be pretty and that’s because of stupid fucking assholes like you.

Happy to be banned!
    I hope you will not be banned, this is a seriously shit place health care workers are in!! PM incoming
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamyourgasman View Post
    You are a fucking moron. Thatís coming from an ICU consultant who is looking after these people for the last two weeks. They are aged 21-52.
    Karma is a real bitch and Iíd be keen to see your face when you realise what kind of rationing we will have to implement and how would it impact you. It wonít be pretty and thatís because of stupid fucking assholes like you.

Happy to be banned!
    If your banned for that statement I am out of here. Thank you for you and all your colleagues work.

Graham

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks to the members who have reported this thread.

whilst I acknowledge these are extraordinary times, it does not excuse the types of exchanges in the thread ... and that means those on both sides of the argument ... the fucking moron and the rest of you when such exchanges start please report them sooner, so I can act in a timely fashion.

I’ll not retrospectively moderate but I am watching now and would love to see you pull together.
    Thanks
    Mal

p.s. Respec’ to all those on the frontline keeping us ticking over

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I usually skip these threads as so much of the content is obscured by my ignore list (I see some have departed).

I just had a skip through and I am staggered at the stupidity and ignorance of some folk and I admire the persistent of others who engage with them.

The current situation was inevitable and we could have prepared for it decades ago. We had a few warnings (SARS, H1N1, Ebola and others) and did nothing. As recently as 2015 Bill Gates gave a talk along this line . As with climate change (Shell and Exxon saw that back in the 1980s) the worship of money has prevented any intelligent response so now we have a grim time ahead and the 2020 dive season is not looking good and a lot of folk will not see 2021.

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast