Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand sanitiser

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got to go to the quacks next week for a check up (if its not cancelled... and please don't judge it's been booked for ages!)

They recently installed a touch screen book yourself in on arrival system... how shit an idea does that seem now...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Got to go to the quacks next week for a check up (if its not cancelled... and please don't judge it's been booked for ages!)

They recently installed a touch screen book yourself in on arrival system... how shit an idea does that seem now...
    I had to take repeat prescription requests into our surgery for my parents.
    Surgery is closed, `scrips through the letterbox, all consultations by `phone.

Yes the touch screen is a sherbet idea, same as the one that flashes your full name up on the tv screen on the wall of the waiting room to call you for your appointment.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Its not oftern that my clients leave me speechless but... ( and bear in mind that this is in a country with strict isolations and an evening curfew enfored by security service)

Earlier this week I recived a mail from a major clients vendor approval unit with a questionaire to complete and to provide a large range of documents. The questionaire is a preformatted spreadsheet and runs to almost 400 lines with each line requiring input, even if just N/A. The whole thing takes considerable time to complete and to dig out all the required records ( copies of meetings, training records, certs etc etc) . This is for a routine re-assessment which they carry out every 4-5 years in adition to annual audits so not exactly urgent this week. Replied and acknowledged and indicated we would submit in due course, especially given currnet situation.

48 hrs later there was a follow up - why havent we submitted. Explained to the guy that everyone is working from home apart from essential ops staff so co-ordinating and collating will take a little longer than would otherwise be the case.

No problem say the guy on the phone. I will come to your office tomorrow and we can finalise face to face !!!

Gobsmacked.

Explained again ( politely, although it took some real effort) that a visit would not be possible in the near future. "it's okay, we can probably finish in a couple of hours, half day maximum"

FFS has this guy had his head in the sand for months ? Not see the news? and for something that is a 4-5 year cycle

He now has a very clear written reply clearly stating that no access to site or office will be permitted under our rule s and the countrys Min of Health guidelines. Also suggested that if there was an issue with this he should have the head of his department call me.
    Last edited by John63; 24-03-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't you just love red tape? So much of it in the private sector.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Don't you just love red tape? So much of it in the private sector.
    Less bothered by the bollox paperwork than the fact that he thought it appropriate to come to our site for a review meeting.

In my mail to him I wanted to use terms such as fuc£ing idiot, moron, oxygen thief but diplomacy got the better of me. Might not if he persists.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Less bothered by the bollox paperwork than the fact that he thought it appropriate to come to our site for a review meeting.

In my mail to him I wanted to use terms such as fuc£ing idiot, moron, oxygen thief but diplomacy got the better of me. Might not if he persists.
    Now, now, we are professionals. "Thank you for your suggestion however as we are working from home you will be disappointed to found our offices are unoccupied. On the positive side, this means you will be able to park anywhere you choose. I have asked our facilities manager if a mirror is available so at least you will not feel lonely when talking to yourself. Regrettably the mirror is inside the building and so I am sorry to inform you that we cannot make it available to you. I look forward to not meeting you and watching you at some later point on the CCTV recordings. Best regards"

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    At last an honest Government Information Film...

https://youtu.be/Hks6Nq7g6P4

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    At last an honest Government Information Film...

https://youtu.be/Hks6Nq7g6P4
    Awesome

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last edited by Finless; 25-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    Sage advice:-

You've been telt!
    The "video is unavailable". Any other links? Have heard it's a great vid but not yet seen it! Can't find it on YouTube

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast