Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle maker View Post
    Was it 15 years ago that I first saw a prototype of the world's greatest rebreather?
    You sure that's year s and not total number of units sold .

Must be where all them high quality parts go.
    _______
    For what it's worth, I am not aware of OSEL having to reject a single NAUTEC part on receipt, and OSEL buy a lot of very high quality parts from them.
    ________
    OSEL the corner shop . With the buying power of Asda lol . Feek right off . You comment above Is worth nothing.
    Last edited by gobfish1; 11-03-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wasn't that the one that came without the controller so they didn't lose their deposit, and got sold shortly afterwards?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gobfish1 View Post
    Sorry about the thumbs down . My mistake sir. It is .
    No worries! Hearing this blatant and shameless attempt to re-write history - a history that is shared, well known to many and available for people to go and re-visit today - is enough to make anyone hit the wrong key!
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Was it 15 years ago that I first saw a prototype of the world's greatest rebreather?
    How time flies when your having fun was it 15 years ago and you can still get spares and service parts from OSEL

Oh how I laughed when buying the legendary Ouroborus a legend in its own lifetime well until the last one was made number 120 was it. LOL good luck with spares and service parts for that piece of scrap junk
    Ok maybe we go for Kevins Sentinal ROFL now known as Avon Calling also available in black

Then I guess the Dreager Dolphin with the world wide parts available its a cert .........nope
    Or the KISS Canada ...........nope nor Kim
    Maybe better luck getting parts for the Azimuth rebrether.......... nope
    I know Peters Prism............Nope

No Ive got it now Kevins VR Technologies Sports Rebreather-------nope no luck
    The Hollis also available in white.......... nope

I know the Spare Air

So there you have it nothing available in parts except for the 1000 OSEL Apoc still going strong
    after 15 years and being bought by more navies than the UK has minesweepers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    How time flies when your having fun was it 15 years ago and you can still get spares and service parts from OSEL

Oh how I laughed when buying the legendary Ouroborus a legend in its own lifetime well until the last one was made number 120 was it. LOL good luck with spares and service parts for that piece of scrap junk
    Ok maybe we go for Kevins Sentinal ROFL now known as Avon Calling also available in black

Then I guess the Dreager Dolphin with the world wide parts available its a cert .........nope
    Or the KISS Canada ...........nope nor Kim
    Maybe better luck getting parts for the Azimuth rebrether.......... nope
    I know Peters Prism............Nope

No Ive got it now Kevins VR Technologies Sports Rebreather-------nope no luck
    The Hollis also available in white.......... nope

I know the Spare Air

So there you have it nothing available in parts except for the 1000 OSEL Apoc still going strong
    after 15 years and being bought by more navies than the UK has minesweepers.
    Not a 1000 m8
    Last one was up for 600 quid and had a hard time going.
    Ebay the great leaver.

navies ? New one each 7 then lol

Scraping the bottom off the barrel with your list .
    Yes some units came and go .
    Some just never come .
    No matter how much wanking went on.

Just a few sticky pdfs knocking round still .
    Last edited by gobfish1; 11-03-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Did look in the old place but gave up think it was 2007 dive Birmingham dive show I saw version one., complete with wheels. Not quite 15 years.

Do agree a few rebreathers were manufactured sold and dived and have since gone out of production in that time scale at least they made it onto the market.

Graham

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by gobfish1 View Post
    Not a 1000 m8
    Last one was up for 600 quid and had a hard time going.
    Ebay the great leaver.

navies ? New one each 7 then lol

Scraping the bottom off the barrel with your list .
    Hey Steve.

I know, just didnt want to get your blood pressure going LOL
    I knew quoting Spare Air was going to wind you up.
    But look on the bright side I could have done like Apeks Marine did and called it a Helicopter Emergency Egress Device

But like it or not 15 years later and they are still going strong, making parts selling rebreathers and have a hyperbaric breathing machine a closed circuit bell diver rebreather, Extenair cartridges and never fail to wind up Simom Mitchell, Martin Parker and half the bald headed tech diving black shirt gurus on the planet and the sycophantic followers of Tek Camp wanabees and this and every other internet diving forum on the planet........And still no one can come close to them on a performace LWOB rebreather....... What's not to like.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hey Steve.

I know, just didnt want to get your blood pressure going LOL
    I knew quoting Spare Air was going to wind you up.
    But look on the bright side I could have done like Apeks Marine did and called it a Helicopter Emergency Egress Device

But like it or not 15 years later and they are still going strong, making parts selling rebreathers and have a hyperbaric breathing machine a closed circuit bell diver rebreather, Extenair cartridges and never fail to wind up Simom Mitchell, Martin Parker and half the bald headed tech diving black shirt gurus on the planet and the sycophantic followers of Tek Camp wanabees and this and every other internet diving forum on the planet........And still no one can come close to them on a performace LWOB rebreather....... What's not to like.
    What's not to like? Lol
    In my case its
    Brad and the ginger twat. The barefaced liars
    As if you don't know .
    Tek camp and feeking gurus . Now you are really are trying to wind me up .
    If I could spell plagiarism id sue the lot of them lol.

Iain
    No need to worry about my health m8
    Im fit as a butcher s dog ..

The LWOB
    Even with a somewhat better wob . Id still not deal with C&nts and put up with the liars

After years of using 14/33 oc at 90m I find the ybod v easy to breath 10/50 at same 90m depth .
    So happy to tell the ginger twat to feek off with his pdf numbers

Work to hard on the lower wob unit what happens . Yes same as all the others . Your fucked .
    Over rated bull shit from a sales man .

Ps
    Sales men .
    Emergency Egress Device heed3
    What would the ginger twat have named it lol .
    Would fit right in with his product line .

Currently unavailable

You mention gurus and old rebreather s
    Kevin Gurr got a mention or two
    Just remind me again who got to the Titanic first
    Dr Deas or Mr Gurr. Lol

Link below is 15 years back .
    still make s me laugh so much .
    Probley useful to the odd navy procurement guy also
    Stick with it if you can or just start at post 40.
    Watch the twists and turns .
    C&nt,s been digging a hole ever since. Lol
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...s-be-clarified
    Last edited by gobfish1; 01-05-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And still no one can come close to them on a performace LWOB rebreather....... What's not to like.
    Its kinda hard to beat an imaginary rebreather - just like your imaginary friend and the young earth brigade

Remind us again - do you actually dive?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Wasn't that the one that came without the controller so they didn't lose their deposit, and got sold shortly afterwards?
    James, OSEL have never sold nor even offered to the recreational market a rebreather with a controller. Other than the one the diver is fitted with....

The iCCR Monitor is an End-Tidal CO2 and PPO2 with solid state sensors PPO2 Monitor and auto-bailout. Note no mention of a controller! It just plugs into the Apoc CCRs.

Did look in the old place but gave up think it was 2007 dive Birmingham dive show I saw version one., complete with wheels. Not quite 15 years.

Do agree a few rebreathers were manufactured sold and dived and have since gone out of production in that time scale at least they made it onto the market.

Graham
    Graham, as an evolutionary prototype there were a number of variants of the Apoc demo'd and dived. The wheels were a concept to meet OH&S weight lifting concerns but then it was so light that wasn't a serious factor and they were removed in lieu of an integrated 2L cylinder cavity.

BTW, what has gone out of production? If you are trying to allude that the Apoc Type IV CCR has, sorry to advise you otherwise as OSEL continue to routinely sell them to divers whom are genuinely interested in the benefits of the performance they offer and the integrated functional safety. Not to mention the very similar looking but non-mag Military Incursion BMR version.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast