Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

DPVs with EO connector

I've been looking at DPVs for a while, I thought I had narrowed my choices down to either a Piranha P2 or a Bonex ECO S. After a dive last weekend when my heated vest/gloves battery ran out with 30mins of deco still to do in 6oC water I've been wondering if an external EO port on the DPV should be on my shopping list.

What has confused me more is that on the divex website it says:
    A standard EO connection provides 12v DC power, 180w max. This power can be used for lights, suit heaters or any other application that uses 12v. The EO plug is live at all times so you will want to keep the connector covered. It is supplied with a dummy plug for this purpose. The Female socket on the bulkhead connector is the (+) Positive terminal.
    https://dive-xtras.com/smart-slice-v1-june-2018-om/

Considering EO connectors can break really easy especially in salt water when live this seems strange to me. What do people with a Piranha do?

Also does anyone know if an external EO cord can be added to any of the Bonex scooters?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Live eo sounds like huge potential for a cock up ...

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That will fizz itself to death the first time you take the blank end off surely

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Tales of implosions would put me right off being wired into a scooter under many circumstances.