Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Replacement Compass for apeks triple console?

Hi,

During a dive, I have lost my compass from my apeks triple console like this -
    https://www.simplyscuba.com/products...e-and-compass?
    variant=43419348114&ef_id=Cj0KCQiAnL7yBRD3ARIsAJp_ oLZS7WkeGLz7RQ1bjMo1UrBpBkF1Ii7JjxsAnkQxc6P0hqF_KK ZinnsaAt-fEALw_wcB:G:s&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnL7yBRD3ARIsAJp_oLZS7W keGLz7RQ1bjMo1UrBpBkF1Ii7JjxsAnkQxc6P0hqF_KKZinnsa At-fEALw_wcB

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get a cheap replacement that will fit the console slot please?

Many thanks

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    would this fit does anyone know please?
    https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...IaAsuIEALw_wcB

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You want it for the northern hemisphere or southern LOL
    Na just kidding

Its a flat round bucket type and is the same as the Aqualung compass module at $80 retail

Or you could just use the Xs Scuba compass module made in the PROC
    Or the DGX at half the price

https://www.amazon.com/XS-Scuba-Comp.../dp/B07CT6JJVS

https://www.amazon.com/DGX-Tech-Comp...8DWGD4AFPJ6T64

The good ones are made in Italy it says on the logo google it up for yourself
    Mega Sport SRL is the outfit your after

The copy is made by a outfit in Taiwan by a company I wouldnt waste my time naming
    Two versions are available you need the high tilt version
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 23-02-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Here you go enclosed below is a distributor copy of the Aqualung Dealer Parts List
    Look for the Apeks listing for part AP5706 spare compass module

https://www.docdroid.net/kw7f/aqua-l...14.pdf#page=77

Then ask yourself why spend twice as much for half the parts

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for your very useful info Iain. Funny, enough I dug out my wrist seac compass (made in Italy) console, removed the compass from the wrist strap and it is the perfect fit in the apeks console boot. I'm chuffed about that and it saves me 40 plus, which I won't grumble about.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Thanks for your very useful info Iain. Funny, enough I dug out my wrist seac compass (made in Italy) console, removed the compass from the wrist strap and it is the perfect fit in the apeks console boot. I'm chuffed about that and it saves me 40 plus, which I won't grumble about.
    Glad I could help you this time, you could also add Cressi Halcylon Beaver etc etc to the list of companies who flog the same stuff from the same factory.

Similar with submersible pressure gauges made by Tamo Industries in Italy with the same buy 100 direct from the factor if you know how
    and for a few euros pay the artwork for your own logo to be added. You see the same stuff from Apeks to Aqualung way over to Halcylon Diverite to Beaver.
    Maybe worth a post in its own right who does what for whom and at what cost. (The exception being military wet suits for LEBA applications I guess LOL )

This is just recreational sports junk with logo added for brand marketing made for profit nothing more little else.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Glad I could help you this time, you could also add Cressi Halcylon Beaver etc etc to the list of companies who flog the same stuff from the same factory.

Similar with submersible pressure gauges made by Tamo Industries in Italy with the same buy 100 direct from the factor if you know how
    and for a few euros pay the artwork for your own logo to be added. You see the same stuff from Apeks to Aqualung way over to Halcylon Diverite to Beaver.
    Maybe worth a post in its own right who does what for whom and at what cost. (The exception being military wet suits for LEBA applications I guess LOL )

This is just recreational sports junk with logo added for brand marketing made for profit nothing more little else.

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    You want it for the northern hemisphere or southern LOL
    Na just kidding
    On a serious note, is there genuinely a difference for Northern and Southern hemisphere?! I have seen a few posts about this recently but must admit hadn't given it much thought prior to that! My navigational skills are quite basic lol.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    On a serious note, is there genuinely a difference for Northern and Southern hemisphere?! I have seen a few posts about this recently but must admit hadn't given it much thought prior to that! My navigational skills are quite basic lol.
    Yeah. Look up at night the stars are all different but as there are less divers in Australia than at the dive show on a wet Saturday no one cares.
    But you also have to go to a quality manufacture in Vantaa Finland for one of those. Suunto Oy

https://www.suunto.com/Support/Compa...lancing-zones/

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    Yeah. Look up at night the stars are all different but as there are less divers in Australia than at the dive show on a wet Saturday no one cares.
    But you also have to go to a quality manufacture in Vantaa Finland for one of those. Suunto Oy

https://www.suunto.com/Support/Compa...lancing-zones/
    Thanks, I have a Suunto compass as it goes
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast