Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seriously Grippy Rock Boots??

Iíve been using either generic two-strap velcro rock boots, which have shite grip, or wellingtons, which are a bit wank in the water. I want a decent ankle boot which is actually a little grippy on slippery terrain. Does such a thing exist?

Iíve tried Etche and Bastard boots, but they donít fit my Jet-Fins.

Is there a solution?

Ta!

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've found my Bare rock boots grip well - better than the Sports Direct imitation converse, which gripped like a bar of soap.

If you take size 10, 11 or 12, you're welcome to try mine for grip.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As I suspect you already know, I use Etche canyoning boots - they're really good and I've started using them for normal caving too! They also didn't fit my jetfins - so I bought so new ones! XXL seem to work well.

B

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know you're not keen on wellies, but aldi had (have?) some really nice chunky neoprene wellies with a good thick sole that i've been using (about £15 if I remember right). They're snug too and are much more supportive than rock boots or bog standard 'plasticy' wellies (bonus to the snugness: for my spare suit which has baggy legs I don't need to wear gaiters )