Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Almost impossible to buy decent bread in UK unless you have a artisanal bakery near you.
    Had mini pork pies for lunch. Horrible. Greasy. Shit. Hydrogenated vegetable oil - mega shit. No wonder people are all chunky.
    I love my bread machine! Making sandwiches for lunch every day helped me to lose over 10kg. With more exercise and more attention to portion control in general it's stayed off :-)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That is surely a matter of choice, it's up to you whether you go for greasy fast food you can always buy fresh and cook yourself.
    For evening meal yes. We eat well mostly. It is lunchtime stuff that is the issue (with a bit of laziness thrown in - accepted). It's cold and so the temptation to something a bit "fatty" is strong. The main thing for me is that I get bored with the range of stuff and so we end up with a pasty or some other factory-made shit. I know in Nigella Lawson land I would make a batch of all sorts of fancy healthy lunches in little tupperware containers and live happily ever after but mostly it's bread and cheese until the monotony of it gets the better of me.

I miss the lovely freshly made stuff that I could buy when we were in London. We have a greasy spoon cafe on the industrial estate but a bacon and egg buttie is not really "healthy" is it? (jolly nice though )

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For evening meal yes. We eat well mostly. It is lunchtime stuff that is the issue (with a bit of laziness thrown in - accepted). It's cold and so the temptation to something a bit "fatty" is strong. The main thing for me is that I get bored with the range of stuff and so we end up with a pasty or some other factory-made shit. I know in Nigella Lawson land I would make a batch of all sorts of fancy healthy lunches in little tupperware containers and live happily ever after but mostly it's bread and cheese until the monotony of it gets the better of me.

I miss the lovely freshly made stuff that I could buy when we were in London. We have a greasy spoon cafe on the industrial estate but a bacon and egg buttie is not really "healthy" is it? (jolly nice though )
    It is on Keto, just bin the bread!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    It is on Keto, just bin the bread!
    Exactly, I will be having streaky bacon with scrambled egg and a big dollop of butter later this morning
    Last edited by Paulo; 07-02-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why the butter?
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    Why the butter?
    Scrambled egg should have butter in it!
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why the butter?
    Keto is a high fat diet, ~70% of consumed calories from "fats".

Have a google and make your own mind up; I looked into it after NigelH mentioned it on here.
    Having met Mr H, I can guess what level of research he had indulged in, so had a dig around and decided to give it a try.

The results were dramatic.
    Christmas, the diet went sideways (xmas dinner without roasties?) and comfort eating with lurgy; only just starting to get back on track.
    I have not been hitting it hardcore, rather a lazy keto version; but a plate of pan fried steak with Kale cooked in butter, onions and mushrooms in cream sauce: is not actually a problem!
    Salads are even easier.
    Being hungry is not an issue.
    I do miss bread though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Why the butter?
    Adds more fat. The goal is to have 70% of your calories come from fat.

You cut down on carbs so that your body goes into ketogenesis (hence keto). That means it burns fat as your primary source of fuel.

It has the benefit of a much smoother bloody sugar level instead of the contant spike and troughs that you get from carbs. Before keto I would get sugar cravings and be hungry, that was because my body had metabolised the carbs I had eaten, turned them into sugars and burned them and now needed more.

Now I dont get hungry and have to remind myself to eat.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Keto is a high fat diet, ~70% of consumed calories from "fats".

Have a google and make your own mind up; I looked into it after NigelH mentioned it on here.
    Having met Mr H, I can guess what level of research he had indulged in, so had a dig around and decided to give it a try.

The results were dramatic.
    Christmas, the diet went sideways (xmas dinner without roasties?) and comfort eating with lurgy; only just starting to get back on track.
    I have not been hitting it hardcore, rather a lazy keto version; but a plate of pan fried steak with Kale cooked in butter, onions and mushrooms in cream sauce: is not actually a problem!
    Salads are even easier.
    Being hungry is not an issue.
    I do miss bread though.
    Try the 90 second bread.
    4tbsp of almond flour
    1tbsp of olive oil
    0.5 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
    0.5 tbsp of baking powder
    1 egg

Mix the lot and microwave for 90 seconds.

Slice it, toast in the grill and butter it.

Gorgeous!

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I did Jry Jan and lost 6lbs :-)

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast