Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Pharoahs revenge?
    No just stuck to plan throughout plus, I walked over 70kms over the 4 days
    Last edited by Paulo; Yesterday at 11:21 AM.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    ... "Frankie & Benny`s" in Chester.....
    What, in the name of all that is decent in the world, ever, ever, ever persuaded you to enter such a hell hole? Surely you could have found - with a little effort - a shitty fried chicken salmonella joint open somewhere? Or a chippy with tired old fish from half way round the world frozen and thawed out 16 times? A streetside burger van run by a bloke with a cough? Any, all, of these would have been a wiser choice.

Once upon a time, a thousand years ago, we had a boat in Brighton marina. There were a couple of decent eating places there - the Italian restaurant near the cliff was actually pretty good. The floating Chinese run by Frank was excellent. But somewhere someone was not getting a big enough backhander and "they" developed the marina. More flats, a Frankie and Bennies and a massive influx of halfwitted wankers. Scrap the small boat discount as well. What a shit hole the place has become. The marina has done it's utmost to get rid of Frank's barge - I haven't been back in a few years so don't know if they managed it or not. A metaphor for modern Britain.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Chrisch. Is there anything or anyone that you approve of or like?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    What, in the name of all that is decent in the world, ever, ever, ever persuaded you to enter such a hell hole? Surely you could have found - with a little effort - a shitty fried chicken salmonella joint open somewhere? Or a chippy with tired old fish from half way round the world frozen and thawed out 16 times? A streetside burger van run by a bloke with a cough? Any, all, of these would have been a wiser choice.

Once upon a time, a thousand years ago, we had a boat in Brighton marina. There were a couple of decent eating places there - the Italian restaurant near the cliff was actually pretty good. The floating Chinese run by Frank was excellent. But somewhere someone was not getting a big enough backhander and "they" developed the marina. More flats, a Frankie and Bennies and a massive influx of halfwitted wankers. Scrap the small boat discount as well. What a shit hole the place has become. The marina has done it's utmost to get rid of Frank's barge - I haven't been back in a few years so don't know if they managed it or not. A metaphor for modern Britain.
    A 7 and 1 year old after a day at the Zoo.

Daughter (now 8) has reasonably sophisticated tastes, afternoon tea with apple & elderflower mocktail at the 5 star Grosvernor Hotel in Chester, or demolishing a full adult portion of Moules Fritte at Moules a Go Go.
    She will never be a cheap date.
    Sometimes however, pasta chains or a Maccie D happy Meal or all that matters.
    I`m Daddy, I just learn to go with it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My Dad never came to terms with 'indulgent father'. I begged to go to the local cattle market so I could look at all the cows and sheep and possibly bring a lamb home under my coat - he took me on a day it was closed and seemed genuinely puzzled that this wasn't the idea.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Chrisch. Is there anything or anyone that you approve of or like?
    Yeah. Lots. The floating Chinese in Brighton marina is (was?) one.

[edit] Hmmm... was it seems not is......

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1539...e-transformed/

[/edit]

Humph.
    Last edited by Chrisch; Yesterday at 01:34 PM.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    My Dad never came to terms with 'indulgent father'. I begged to go to the local cattle market so I could look at all the cows and sheep and possibly bring a lamb home under my coat - he took me on a day it was closed and seemed genuinely puzzled that this wasn't the idea.
    My father was a dairy farmer and I went to market (cattle and pigs but no sheep) with him most Wednesdays (when I could walk/toddle) until I went to school but went in school holidays. It was more a social club than buying or selling and I was babysat by most of his colleagues. This ended when I was 10 as his mother,sister and brother(who co-farmed it) decided to sell up. Many happy days were had on that farm including learning to steer a tractor aged 6 towing a muck spreader!!!!
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213