Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    What are you, a diver or a bouy?
    Broken ankle twice, torn ankle ligaments, torn calf, 3 knee injuries ... there was 7 weeks in 15 months I wasnt injured and 4 months in 3 years I wasnt injured. Bit by bit the weight piles on
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    38.30 today - my excuses are that the ground was the wettest it has been and Lee Scoresby got shot in my talking book and crying slows you down.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren A View Post
    You could always try cooking for yourself?
    That is what I am planning on doing - but it is not going to go down well with the accusations of "isn't my cooking good enough" - well, not suitable for me at the moment.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Broken ankle twice, torn ankle ligaments, torn calf, 3 knee injuries ... there was 7 weeks in 15 months I wasnt injured and 4 months in 3 years I wasnt injured. Bit by bit the weight piles on
    I fubarred an ankle last March, I suspect a "Rim fracture"; definite ligament issues going forward (I was limping for over three months (still do from time to time), could not climb stairs for eight weeks).

I was probably about 115Kg then, got to ~118 and decided to hit it hard, 116 went Keto and lost 14Kgs in 4 months.
    Currently stress testing the ankle for skiing, buggers have just knocked 150 off departure tomorrow for Val D`isere.
    Credit card is wimpering.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    I fubarred an ankle last March, I suspect a "Rim fracture"; definite ligament issues going forward (I was limping for over three months (still do from time to time), could not climb stairs for eight weeks).

I was probably about 115Kg then, got to ~118 and decided to hit it hard, 116 went Keto and lost 14Kgs in 4 months.
    Currently stress testing the ankle for skiing, buggers have just knocked 150 off departure tomorrow for Val D`isere.
    Credit card is wimpering.
    All of my injuroes can be tracked back to me getting a verucca this time 3 years ago. At the time I was running 50-70kms a week with a slow 10k recovery run being 46mins. Then I would do a 45min kettlebell session that evening

Got the 1st injury - a stress fracture and kept up the training intensity for another 3 months. Completely fecked me up.

I have been in a very bad way since June last year. Was nearly done rehab on a torn tendon when I did my latest injury in November.

Will be April at the earliest before I can run. Can walk 5km in 40mins but am very sore after it. Even the hour of rehab exercises can be agony some days
    Last edited by Paulo; 21-02-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    All of my injuroes can be tracked back to me getting a verucca this time 3 years ago. At the time I was running 50-70kms a week with a slow 10k recovery run being 46mins. Then I would do a 45min kettlebell session that evening

Got the 1st injury - a stress fracture and kept up the training intensity for another 3 months. Completely fecked me up.

I have been in a very bad way since June last year. Was nearly done rehab on a torn tendon when I did my latest injury in November.

Will be April at the earliest before I can run. Can walk 5km in 40mins but am very sore after it. Even the hour of rehab exercises can be agony some days
    Be glad your not a horse, your future would be very bleak!

I hate running, rowing machine is back out though.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Whatever you do make sure you do the required rehab/physio. I never got physio on my ankle when I sprained it many years ago, resprained it numerous times (weakening it further every time) and it is now completely knackered to the point that I can sit at my desk and pop the ligament in and out with virtually no effort which makes running and most sports a no-go. Can cycle and swim ok though. I have been informed by a good friend the last time I met him (who is a senior physio but stays 90 minutes away) that the only viable option is surgery to reattach the ligaments & tendons in the right places. Currently have no arthritic pain but I am assured that it is only a matter of time.

If I do opt for surgery, I am looking at a number of months of recovery so at the moment I am weighing it up between asking for a referral for surgery or putting up with the future thought of arthritis.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've had shoulder problems for a number of years. Four lots of physio in as many years, Cortisone injections, ultrasound scans and still no clear diagnosis. Eventually got sent to a senior physio who took one look at it and said that I needed an MRI scan. Turned out that I had torn a tendon away from the muscle and instead of moving on cartilage, I had bone rubbing on bone causing osteoarthritis. I was referred to an orthopaedic consultant who took one look at my shoulder and said that he didn't need an MRI scan to see what was wrong - it was patently obvious and why hadn't the physios spotted it. Due to the nature of the injury, the physio was making it worse rather than improving things. I had an operation on it and they managed to remove the arthritis growths but were unable to reattach the tendon after all the time which had elapsed. Had it been spotted earlier, there would have been a good chance of a full repair. The operation improved things significantly but the shoulder is still loose and clunks when I move it in particular directions. Unfortunately, it's starting to get more painful again but NICE have decided that shoulder ops are no longer cost effective so its a case of living with it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Well so far I am down over 18kgs /40lbs since New Year and that includes having had multiple sugical procedures and being on holidays.
    Cancel that. I got back from holidays last night. I am now down 20kg

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cancel that. I got back from holidays last night. I am now down 20kg
    Pharoahs revenge?

Tried that last year, Got food poisoning at a "Frankie & Benny`s" in Chester.
    Should have guessed their was an issue brewing, four tables complained about their meals while we were there.
    That was a week off work; and death warmed up when I crawled back in, would not be an exaggeration.
    Last edited by jamesp; 22-02-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast