Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    you have no idea just how complicated and stressed my life is !

sick of it tbh
    https://www.carteraccommodation.com/sales

Secure, cheap, maybe not pretty

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Log cabins are cheap and can be repurposed into sheds, guest houses, airbnb etc
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    How much would it add to the value of the property? At the prices quoted here I wonder if it would be worth bothering to move it: https://dunsterhouse.co.uk/log-cabin...SAAEgJqZfD_BwE
    My brother had a ~500 square foot/ triple garage size out building at his last property.
    When He was selling, one of the estate agents saw it, pulled a face and recommended pulling it down, as it was pointless.

The guy who bought the place, their eyes lit up with "man cave" plans the moment they saw it: That and the size of fish pond they could dig into the back garden.

Someone else I know built a brick garden office (old coach house, ten foot stone wall all around garden), they were required to add a note to the deeds that it was not to be used for accommodation.
    I have seen caravans used before now, but that was after the VAT man came around to check up why the business had bought a caravan.
    Apparently they were very happy to discover that the van was in Angelsey, Friend (electrical contractor) was relieved that it was parked up at the sewage works he was working at.
    First time it had ever been used for work, few European holidays, multiple race events......

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do container converstions as part of my job, temp structures from a few square meters up to 1000's.......from hours to years.

Two questions?

Footprint
    Budget

But I can say with some certinty half the garage is the way to go

Its cheap and relativly simple, you have power close to hand and its secure.
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    you have no idea just how complicated and stressed my life is !

sick of it tbh
    After reading some of the posts on here it makes me thankful my life is relatively simple, not as rich cash-wise i'm sure but I like easy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123