Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greenhouse gas.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    Well, I've done my bit for the future by not having any bacteria .... I mean children.
    Ditto. The same with pets, the estimated 51 million pets in this country can't be helping the situation.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaiHal View Post
    Ditto. The same with pets, the estimated 51 million pets in this country can't be helping the situation.
    No kids, no pets. But a motorbike (well two actually..)

Companion animals are a source of CO2 in proportion to their size and diet. Big dogs being the most polluting. Cats eat wild birds, rodents and amphibians. A pet rabbit is not so bad and you can eat the rabbit if needs be. All that said I think a companion animal can be a good thing for lonely old people. If you take into account transporting stuff and other non-direct CO2 then probably the worst offenders are horses, many of which "require" a Disco or similar for towing which then gets used for other driving.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/4/16...climate-change

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    It’s only classed as a myth as it doesn’t meet the fashion for blaming CO2. That’s the problem with statistics, they can be manipulated to produce whatever result it required.

Does it really matter which is right. Currently the planet is warming up.
    It’s outdated because it tries to confuse human caused co2 and global warming with natural cycles of the earth, which in turn tries to reduce the need for humans to change the way they are treating the planet.

Yes the earth is warming, it’s our fault.

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234