Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

trip to Land's End

Hello,

I'd like to organise a trip to dive the good sites off Land's End (Gull rock, Runnelstone, the City of Westminster even maybe Wolf rock etc,...) but, it seems that the closest filling stations are either in the Lizard Peninsula/Falmouth or all the way to Newquay! Or is there a dive shop in the area that I have missed? The last time I went that far south west was 15 years ago and air fills were obtained from a camping site, which I am sure is now shut. Any suggestion very welcome!

Cheers!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yep, the filling station at Trevair campsite is now closed after the owner passed away a few years back. Likewise, the filling station on the pier at Penzance Harbour has also now been closed a few years.

When we dive out of Penzance, we tend to get fills either from Seaways in Penryn, or Atlantic Scuba (@Okeanos on here, I believe!). Both near Falmouth. Mark at Atlantic is often willing to be flexible on opening times, if given a friendly call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmE View Post
    Yep, the filling station at Trevair campsite is now closed after the owner passed away a few years back. Likewise, the filling station on the pier at Penzance Harbour has also now been closed a few years.

When we dive out of Penzance, we tend to get fills either from Seaways in Penryn, or Atlantic Scuba (@Okeanos on here, I believe!). Both near Falmouth. Mark at Atlantic is often willing to be flexible on opening times, if given a friendly call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. That's what I thought. That is quite a long way if you are based in Penzance. It looks like launching/recovering rhib is also going to be a pain with very limited and tidal launch slip.
    Does anyone know if they are hard boats in the area? Preferably that can also manage air fill?
    Cheers