X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Divemouse
    Pedantic Pig
    • Dec 2012

Old Greenforce?

A friend has asked us to get rid of his old kit - it hasn't been in the water for 10-15 years, but was put away carefully and looked after well. One thing is one of those Greenforce torches that has a big tube of batteries that clips to your tank - it still works and has a charger and cute Bowstone snake carrying bag and long lump of lead. The bulb is a halogen. Is it worth anything and would it be more popular if the bulb was replaced with an LED version? We have no use for it and I've always laughed at people doing wildlife dives carrying one of these around.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life
  • Paulo
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Sounds like one of the Arrow 12?

Repalcement batteries are only around £35 from strikealite but the light output is way surpassed by even a €30 modern light
    If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Divemouse
      Pedantic Pig
      • Dec 2012

Works fine, doesn't need new batteries, just wondered if it would be more attractive with an LED head.
      Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• gobfish1
        Last of the Mohicans
        • Jan 2013

Arrow 12 with the 50 halogen head . Was ample light from what I remember of using them .
        10 to 15 year old battery s are holding up well . Set of new ones and I say you have a nice torch . Or ever torch base to work with.
        The. 12 battery tube I found v nice and can be mounted loads of places on your kit .
        I used to mount a back up arrow 12 on a bail out cylinder
        Never even know it was there.
        Are they worth out . I don't know . I'd rather take a punt on a green Force than some tat of Ali express lol

After all driving not always about saving money lol
        Last edited by gobfish1; 10-01-2020, 04:48 PM.
        None diver as of 2018.

Comment

Working...