Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hurgada Security

Hi all whats the latest for Hurgada airport going soon what are they allowing and where do they want you to pack it ie
    1 Shearwater Predix dive computer hold or carry on
    2 go Pro and spare batteries hold or carry on
    3 dive torch with 18650 batteries ( can i take spares ?)

any advice would be great

doing Blue O two best of wrecks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Flying into Hurgada you need to obey UK rules (they like batteries in hand luggage) but flying home you are subject to Hurgada rules (they seem to just make these up). Hurgarda seem to let you put anything in the hold against advice at other airports. I'd take the GoPro and Perdix in hand luggage but but everything else in the hold, spare batteries certainly in the hold.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi Just flew back, don't put any batterys, cables, phone chargers, spools, reels anything that could be used as a cosh etc along with laptops, tablets etc, they allow phones but thats it.
    we went through 5 different search areas the last one being for uk bound flights only and once you go through that one theres no going back to duty free etc.
    we had a guy with us who worked air side at heathrow and said the only reason that they do so many searches is that they not competent at doing one and i can vouch for that as we went through the 3rd check they found a large pair of scizzors in a girls bag in front of me, how she got through 2 checks with them i don't know.
    There is also separate lines for male and female as they pat you down fully if you know what i mean.
    Have a great trip but expect a bit of hassle at airport on way back but its not so bad entering Hurgharda, passport bloke was even laughing and joking with us, never seen that.

Daz

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazdiver View Post
    Hi Just flew back, don't put any batterys, cables, phone chargers, spools, reels anything that could be used as a cosh etc along with laptops, tablets etc, they allow phones but thats it.
    we went through 5 different search areas the last one being for uk bound flights only and once you go through that one theres no going back to duty free etc.
    we had a guy with us who worked air side at heathrow and said the only reason that they do so many searches is that they not competent at doing one and i can vouch for that as we went through the 3rd check they found a large pair of scizzors in a girls bag in front of me, how she got through 2 checks with them i don't know.
    There is also separate lines for male and female as they pat you down fully if you know what i mean.
    Have a great trip but expect a bit of hassle at airport on way back but its not so bad entering Hurgharda, passport bloke was even laughing and joking with us, never seen that.

Daz
    I know what you mean about the pat downs - I think the least the guy could have done was buy me dinner after getting that intimate with the pat down! The women in the group said their pat downs were just as intimate.

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    I know what you mean about the pat downs - I think the least the guy could have done was buy me dinner after getting that intimate with the pat down! The women in the group said their pat downs were just as intimate.
    Let's just say going through Sharm and Cairo they made sure I wasn't concealing anything in my pants or my bra
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    Let's just say going through Sharm and Cairo they made sure I wasn't concealing anything in my pants or my bra
    Likewise at Marsa Alam airport.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Didn't mind but just wasn't expecting it lol

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazdiver View Post
    Didn't mind but just wasn't expecting it lol
    I was a little taken aback myself lol
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Came through Hurghada airport last Friday. They have invented a new female only ruse there. They didn't have enough female security checkers on. Men were allowed their own smaller queue. The female queue went way back and was very slow. :-(

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Was it not the queue for the loo?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Gerard, My photo's on flickr

Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 15mm FE, Ikelite)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast