X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulo
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Molly's Game.

The story of a former olympic hopeful that set up an illegal weekly poker game.

Well acted, well told story.

Very well worth watching.

9/10
    If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Divemouse
      Pedantic Pig
      • Dec 2012

3 Billboards - a bit conflicted about this one. On one hand I got so involved that at one point i shouted 'Why doesn't somebody do something?' and had to be reminded it wasn't real life. On the other, it just stopped and that's my most hated thing, so 5/10.
      Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• steelemonkey
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Divemouse
        3 Billboards - a bit conflicted about this one. On one hand I got so involved that at one point i shouted 'Why doesn't somebody do something?' and had to be reminded it wasn't real life. On the other, it just stopped and that's my most hated thing, so 5/10.
        You need to put another coin in the electric meter.
        Paul.
        If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
        Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Divemouse
          Pedantic Pig
          • Dec 2012

I remember being young enough to find that a huge adventure.

Comment

• Divemouse
            Pedantic Pig
            • Dec 2012

Bill and Ted face the music. Very uneven - the historical figures and death were pretty good, but Ted looked like Bill Nighy in a wig all the way through.

Comment

• Divemouse
              Pedantic Pig
              • Dec 2012

Penguin Highway - not the awful Disney crap you might expect, but a Studio Ghibli style anime film based on a science fiction novel. Extremely charming and actually helped by having subtitles which must have been generated in Google translate, it was like poetry! 10/10

Comment

• Pete Bullen
                Dive tart, and 'tog
                • Dec 2012

Yesterday. A Danny Boyle Richard Curtiss sweet film based on an unlikely premise that the entire world except one man could forget The Beatles. But the film was fun, the story ok, the music great and a good wet sunday evening type family film. Introduce the kids, it's well worth it.
                Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
                Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
                http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Comment

• steelemonkey
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pete Bullen
                  Yesterday. A Danny Boyle Richard Curtiss sweet film based on an unlikely premise that the entire world except one man could forget The Beatles. But the film was fun, the story ok, the music great and a good wet sunday evening type family film. Introduce the kids, it's well worth it.
                  Forgot who?
                  Paul.
                  If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
                  Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Pete Bullen
                    Dive tart, and 'tog
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Divemouse
                    We thought the ending closed of everything perfectly, the acting, script, direction were all brilliant. 9.5/10 from us
                    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
                    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
                    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Comment

• Divemouse
                      Pedantic Pig
                      • Dec 2012

The Zero Theorem - a very lazy film by Terry Gilliam that's basically Brazil with less point. Nice church interiors though, so 5/10. Accidentally discovered that there's an Asian film called Trump vs the Illuminati though - looks so bad it might be good. Will report back.

Comment

• Divemouse
                        Pedantic Pig
                        • Dec 2012

Colour out of space - 1/10 for the bits that made me jump.

Nicholas Cage at his very worst in a film based on a Lovecraft short story where a group of unpleasant characters behave in ways that defy all logic and have you cheering for the alien long before it kills everyone and leaves. Rob enjoyed it and said if you assumed that it took everyone's sanity the second it arrived, all made sense. No.

Comment

• Divemouse
                          Pedantic Pig
                          • Dec 2012

Big Hero 6 - looked lovely, some really nice touches and clever jokes, but in the end all hung on the kind of awful trite story that Disney generally pump out. 5/10
                          Last edited by Divemouse; 18-12-2020, 09:24 PM. Reason: managed to spell 'of' wrong!

Comment

• Divemouse
                            Pedantic Pig
                            • Dec 2012

Soul - the latest Pixar offering. Pretty good, with some nice background jokes and a man who spends some time being a cat - what's not to like? 8/10 - would have been 10/10, but there was quite a bit of jazz.

Comment

• Paulo
                              Established TDF Member
                              • Dec 2012

The Midnight Sky.

Dont bother, unless you want to see George Clooney looking cold. The visual effects were okay but their adherence to the laws of science were not. Plot twists were very predictable. 4/10
                              If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Divemouse
                                Pedantic Pig
                                • Dec 2012

One last one - Song of the sea - a very charming retelling of Irish fairy tales in a Studio Ghibli kind of way from the people who did the Secret of Kells. 9/10

Comment

Working...