Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Summer and early autumn are good times for sharks in Red Sea. But you really have to do it from liveaboard. In Sharm you may get lucky and see a reef shark or a manta on a local dive. There are also hammerheads in Straits of Tiran but you have to be in the water just after sunrise so really only double from liveaboard.
    I am doing a shark intinery on Emperor Aasma a in July: Brother Islands for oceanic white tip, Deadalus for hammerheads and Elphinstone for oceanic white tip. There will be lots of time spend hunging at 30m in the blue hoping the sharks.
    In October of 2018 I spent a day at Brothers and oceanic where everywhere, some of them quite aggressive. Two weeks after my visit islands were closed for diving, a few fortunately not fatal attacks on divers.
    Hope it helps.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simples ! View Post
    Summer and early autumn are good times for sharks in Red Sea. But you really have to do it from liveaboard. In Sharm you may get lucky and see a reef shark or a manta on a local dive. There are also hammerheads in Straits of Tiran but you have to be in the water just after sunrise so really only double from liveaboard.
    I am doing a shark intinery on Emperor Aasma a in July: Brother Islands for oceanic white tip, Deadalus for hammerheads and Elphinstone for oceanic white tip. There will be lots of time spend hunging at 30m in the blue hoping the sharks.
    In October of 2018 I spent a day at Brothers and oceanic where everywhere, some of them quite aggressive. Two weeks after my visit islands were closed for diving, a few fortunately not fatal attacks on divers.
    Hope it helps.

Try Sudan sometime. Loads of shark activity! In fact, stunning diving in every respect. Red Sea on steroids. :-)

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Do you know the season?
    I have rarely seen sharks in Sharm, see the odd one here or there and as said above the odd lucky manta sighting but they were getting good sightings of a whale shark last Summer and into Sept / Oct. You do get the really big shoals of fish off Shark and Yolanda in summer though, usually around end May / June to July time roughly. I like Sharm for the variety of fish and always plenty to see at any time of year
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
    Try Sudan sometime. Loads of shark activity! In fact, stunning diving in every respect. Red Sea on steroids. :-)
    I would love to do it but I am very restricted to when I can take time off work.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simples ! View Post
    I would love to do it but I am very restricted to when I can take time off work.

Stick it in your back pocket for an idea for the future. Oh, and go for Royal Evolution 12 night trip to Suakin. It's stunning. :-)

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Good trip but we named it the 'slow boat to Sudan'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12