Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinimalMayhem View Post
    There are manual removal instructions in the bottom half of the page
    Sorry, I had not seen that. It don't work though as the programme does not show on the list.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Probably Still worth trying the browser steps too.

The program might have a different name - try posting a screenshot of the apps installed from the add/remove programs window (sorted by most recently installed first) and we might spot something odd.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinimalMayhem View Post
    Probably Still worth trying the browser steps too.

The program might have a different name - try posting a screenshot of the apps installed from the add/remove programs window (sorted by most recently installed first) and we might spot something odd.
    I have just gone settings: systems: notifications and actions and turned off the google chrome one.
    Maybe that will kill it.
    If not I will do what you have just suggested.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In the Chrome list of sites it would likely be listed under "trafficlmedia.com" not Norton.
    Look at the list of allowed sites and block any that you don't want/recognise.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    In the Chrome list of sites it would likely be listed under "trafficlmedia.com" not Norton.
    Look at the list of allowed sites and block any that you don't want/recognise.
    That is the way I have been trying to block it.
    Paul.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry, that's my best guess. Maybe take a screenshot of it and post it so we can see what it looks like?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I have just gone settings: systems: notifications and actions and turned off the google chrome one.
    Maybe that will kill it.
    If not I will do what you have just suggested.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    I will probably jinx it now, but since I did the above, it has not appeared..............
    Paul.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Could well be a browser plugin/extension.

Turning off notifications may have stopped the annoying pop ups.. but whatever underlying adware, etc which is causing them (as you’ve already identified - it’s not Norton itself notifying you like this...) is still there, and could still be doing other ‘bad things’. You’ve also disabled potential for any legitimate / useful notifications other sites may give you (e.g if you use a webmail app such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc.)

If malwarebytes has not flagged anything, I would recommend trying Ccleaner from Piriform - should help clear out your browser properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmE View Post
    Could well be a browser plugin/extension.

Turning off notifications may have stopped the annoying pop ups.. but whatever underlying adware, etc which is causing them (as you’ve already identified - it’s not Norton itself notifying you like this...) is still there, and could still be doing other ‘bad things’. You’ve also disabled potential for any legitimate / useful notifications other sites may give you (e.g if you use a webmail app such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc.)

If malwarebytes has not flagged anything, I would recommend trying Ccleaner from Piriform - should help clear out your browser properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I forgot that one. I have used it in the past so I trust it. I will give it a go.
    Paul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12