Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Help deciding where to dive

Hello all,

I am going on a cruise towards the end of march and always plan my excursions around where the best place to dive is. I haven't been able to find out much about each diving destinations or comparisons between places so I was hoping you could help me out. Please let me know if you have been to any of the following places, or what you have heard about them. Looking for an overall impression, thoughts on visibility, marine life, ect. The three destinations I am going to is Falmouth, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman.

Thanks in advance!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeb.39 View Post
    Hello all,

I am going on a cruise towards the end of march and always plan my excursions around where the best place to dive is. I haven't been able to find out much about each diving destinations or comparisons between places so I was hoping you could help me out. Please let me know if you have been to any of the following places, or what you have heard about them. Looking for an overall impression, thoughts on visibility, marine life, ect. The three destinations I am going to is Falmouth, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman.

Thanks in advance!
    Cozumel is very nice, typically with good viz, reasonable currents, lots of life to look at and a nice marine park area. Can't comment on the others. Will you actually have enough time to actually do much diving though? When I was diving in Grenada, the couple from the cruise liner who joined us had just enough time to get the transfer to the centre, do 2 quick dives near the harbour and then get dropped back at the liner again direct from the dive boat and still dripping. Will you have enough time to actually select the dives or would you end up in a situation more like ticking the location off the list by diving there even if it was nowhere near the best sites?

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeb.39 View Post
    Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
    You may find some interesting stuff here: https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...d-The-Americas

World wide here: https://www.thediveforum.com/forumdi...4-Trip-Reports

Have a great trip.