Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CO2 dsmb

Established TDF Member Wardy_uk's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

CO2 dsmb

Hi all

Having had quite a lot of people recommend one to me, Iíve decided to give a CO2 DSMB a go... but there doesnít seem much choice

After a quick google - the only one Iíve found is this https://www.divingproducts.co.uk/sho...product_id=376

Is that it, or are there other brands to look out for?

Tia

Nick

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are other options but I would recommend the KT one you linked to. They also supply a replacement inflation mechanism which is handy as it is likely to fail from corrosion long before you wear out the bag

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHead View Post
    There are other options but I would recommend the KT one you linked to. They also supply a replacement inflation mechanism which is handy as it is likely to fail from corrosion long before you wear out the bag
    Dunno about that. One of my KT bags is about 20% aquasure at the moment.

They are a good product, just dont hang them sovewhere they snag when you are dragging yourself through wreck penetrations
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    dont hang them sovewhere they snag when you are dragging yourself through wreck penetrations
    Haha fair enough, mine lives in a pocket so the salt is the main problem

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah the Kent Tooling bag seems to be the only one on the market at the moment. There used to be another company making them (Aquatec??).

I'm surprised none of the bigger companies have had a go at it. Would just be a case of sticking an off the shelf inflator mechanism onto a bag and selling it for £100+

The KT version has been fine for me for a good few years. It's now pretty faded and pink and I replace the mechanism every now and again for a couple of quid. Preferable to a crack bottle for me.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Had a look for a replacement one recently - as the others have said KT seem to be the only people so bought mine from them. (My local dive shop said at the time there's no demand for them any more.) If I remember correctly it wasn't obvious when I ordered online if you got any cylinders with it - but mine did actually come with a couple, so if you're using a a backup (like me) you shouldn't have to buy extras with it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You have to wonder why there’s only one company making them...

I thought they were more popular <shrugs>

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Aquatec went out of business after a fire in the factory. as far as I know, KT are the only ones available nowadays.

KT ones are very nice, but I would question whether the finishing touches like the black hemming around the seams is really necessary - the Aquatec ones were just seam welded and cut, and seemed to work just fine for about half the price.

It's almost like there's a market opportunity for someone with an ultrasonic seam welder, some waterproof fabric and a supply of UML Mini CO2 cartridge holders.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shame you can’t get the CO2 mechanism separately anywhere...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy_uk View Post
    Shame you can’t get the CO2 mechanism separately anywhere...
    They are £4 from KT iirc
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast