Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: compressor bits

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    What's the difference between two filter stacks then BPR or filter stack1 BPR1 filter stack2 BPR2? Filter 1 has to be at the same pressure as BPR 2 unless you set BPR 1 at a higher pressure and I struggle to understand why you would? You're only going to see the effect of BPR 1 if it's set higher than BPR2 and only then briefly until cylinder pressure exceeds BPR 1.
    The second option is the preferered option when you add a completly independant secondary filter to an exisisting compressor set up.
    First off we were talking about adding a second filter to an existing small portable unit MCH-6 Bauer Junior II PE100 etc
    Hence the DIN Female on the inlet of the second filter to simply hook it up from the charging clamp hose assembly.

The first filter on the original compressor has its original BPR fitted on the Bauer Junior II and Poseidon PE100 it is set at 200 bar.
    On the Hamworthy 2.4, Coltri MCH-6, (if Fitted at all ) or the Rix SA-3, have them set at around 100 Bar

When you add a secondaraty stand alone filter system for the second BPR you set this to 200 bar.
    For the first one dont dick about with it leave it alone.

Only if you have a MDE Series 35 series 40 series 50 filter tower on the second filter do you need to plumb it back to front.

could you elaborate?.
    No problem until we have all happy.

yes but would you advise a NRV between the two filters and if so why?
    Yes four main reasons you need a check valve between the two filters:
    1. Oxygen backwash when PP filling from a portable compressor that is switched off and drained. hooking up before starting up like you do.
    2. You need to bleed filter 1 of condensate occasionally and don't want to desorb contaminates out of filter 2
    3. You also need to keep the tower 2 under pressure at all times even when the portable compressor is switched off and drained
    4. Bleed velocity on the condensate drain off the compressor is much greater than the 3CFM flow of the compressor another chemical disruption failure point
    5. A backflow also creates a pressure drop and this freezes the water adsorbed in the zeolite, this swells up the chemical and is breaks the chemical bonds like a blown brick in an oid damp house.
    6. and so on and so on
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 02-12-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    You hate the dive industry because the dive industry hates you - ask yourself why. You can keep kidding yourself you’re a big dog much to my amusement ��
    I think hate is a bit strong a statement even from you. If you dont like truth or honesty or clarity feel free to nominate anyone from this so called "industrty" we could debate this subject with. Better yet name some of these haters I dont know, lets say the ten best haters out of the diving industry you can come up with and lets see what the've got.

By diving industry do you mean the venture capitalists that own PADI and Aqualung of the bald headed black shirts you see around Vobster with there "Tat Sleeves" teaching try dives for cash on rebreathers? ROFL Just tellin. But I've met folk like you before Graham, too gutless to make arguments direct themselves they have to hide behind the skirts of others masquading for support. But I still love you and the tat sleeve slapheads that call themselves divers and the industry that pays me wages when they think I'm worth it.
    Heck I even love the slat wall heroes of the UK retail sports that support the diving industry by spending money to stock the over priced imported tat they slap up on the slatwall from China and the like. Critical often to a tee but no time ever even close to hate.
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 02-12-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    I think hate is a bit strong a statement even from you. If you dont like truth or honesty or clarity feel free to nominate anyone from this so called "industrty" we could debate this subject with. Better yet name some of these haters I dont know, lets say the ten best haters out of the diving industry you can come up with and lets see what the've got.

By diving industry do you mean the venture capitalists that own PADI and Aqualung of the bald headed black shirts you see around Vobster with there "Tat Sleeves" teaching try dives for cash on rebreathers? ROFL Just tellin. But I've met folk like you before Graham, too gutless to make arguments direct themselves they have to hide behind the skirts of others masquading for support. But I still love you and the tat sleeve slapheads that call themselves divers and the industry that pays me wages when they think I'm worth it.
    Heck I even love the slat wall heroes of the UK retail sports that support the diving industry by spending money to stock the over priced imported tat they slap up on the slatwall from China and the like. Critical often to a tee but no time ever even close to hate.
    Sure thing big dog

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Watching you two flirting is so sweet. Like a compressed gas based rom com. Even my ex would have watched.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    By diving industry do you mean the venture capitalists that own PADI and Aqualung of the bald headed black shirts you see around Vobster with there "Tat Sleeves" teaching try dives for cash on rebreathers? ROFL

Very well observed. There are some 'normal' instructors out there too.
    I don't want to get technical or anything, but alcohol IS a solution

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456