Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dive watch

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Dive watch

Looking for a dive watch!

Whats everybody's choice, happy to listen...

Budget, always telling the wife it is 50!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Get a cheap dive computer, never seen the point in a dive watch.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you want a diver style watch (I wear mine every day, apart from diving, when I use a computer), then you could do worse than the "free" Apeks 200m Dive watch that you can get with a 12 month subscription to "Diver" magazine, all for 68. I considered it as buying a watch with a free magazine subscription.

My watch has lasted well - after 8 years, i've only been through 2 batteries (my local proper watch shop does a battery, seal and 200m guarantee for about 15) and it's on its 3rd strap (i guess I have acidic skin becasue no one else seems to have this problem - maybethey don't wear theirs all the time)

https://divernet.com/product/12-issu...-diving-watch/
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wear my Suunto D6 every day as a watch.
    It goes underwater as a dive computer on holidays as a bonus.

This version has survived the last 18 months. It replaced my Ratio iDive which I used for 2-3 years which had replaced my first D6 which lasted about 8 years or so. You can tell that I didn't really get on with the Ratio.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rolex submariner 🤩

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    If you want a diver style watch (I wear mine every day, apart from diving, when I use a computer), then you could do worse than the "free" Apeks 200m Dive watch that you can get with a 12 month subscription to "Diver" magazine, all for 68. I considered it as buying a watch with a free magazine subscription.

My watch has lasted well - after 8 years, i've only been through 2 batteries (my local proper watch shop does a battery, seal and 200m guarantee for about 15) and it's on its 3rd strap (i guess I have acidic skin becasue no one else seems to have this problem - maybethey don't wear theirs all the time)

https://divernet.com/product/12-issu...-diving-watch/
    same here, had it for years and its going strong

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cathal View Post
    Rolex submariner ��
    I once bought a sub off a very trustworthy market stall in Bangkok. I was gutted when my house was robbed a short while after, and found my prized $70 investment had been stolen...

I do like the dive watch style, and yes, I do dive with my watch (citizen solartech). I set the bezel at the start of every dive, and I must be one of the few (judging by opinions here, and elsewhere) who wear, and use, an actual watch.
    I don't want to get technical or anything, but alcohol IS a solution

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have a few watches dive spec and non-dive, although I've not worn a watch for 5 years.

One so called dive watch is fun to take on a dive sometimes as the LC display just goes totally black below about 10m but recovers and works perfectly again when you surface.

It was cheap though.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I always use a dive watch, curently using a Tag Huer

It won't care if I'm in the pool or washing kit and it's tough so even doing non-diving stuff it won't get damaged.
    The bezel is very useful for parking meters as well.

The Apeks from the Diver Mag is the best cheapy, just remember to cancel the DD after 12 months.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhardy22 View Post
    Looking for a dive watch!

Whats everybody's choice, happy to listen...

Budget, always telling the wife it is 50!
    IMHO... diving watches are either cheap or good. You cannot have both. If the latter, then they are expensively pointless, as opposed to cheaply pointless. You do not need to tell the time underwater, a watch is pretty bad at telling you "time since you left the surface" and a dive computer does everything a watch does and more, often for less money. If you want to look flash though, by all means go for it. I wouldn't look flash in a Aston Martin wearing a tailored suit, with a glamorous model on one arm and an expensive dive watch on the other, so just wear a cheap water resistant Casio watch in the pool (for the one occasion when I do need to tell the time) and a dive computer (or 2) when in OW. But that's just me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast