Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I also have the macro filter but not used it.

TPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
    This looks great, I'll try and pick one up on pay day. Will one do it, or do I need to be thinking about getting 2? Also how does that attach to a tray? - using something like this? -https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gurmoir-Clamp-Diving-Underwater-System/dp/B07D2HLCHJ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=gopro+tray&qid=1571749758&s=el ectronics&sr=1-2
    The ball is removable. I used the loc line bits and the adapter in my earlier posts to attach them.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    The ball is removable. I used the loc line bits and the adapter in my earlier posts to attach them.
    https://www.hobbymounts.co.uk/shop/G...riad-Grip-Tray

This is the tray I was thinking about getting as I like the idea of the handle over the top too........ So I'll have a look around for attachments to make those lights fit (althoguh I'm asking around my club if anyones got any bits they want to sell me before buying new stuff).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is the tray I was thinking about getting as I like the idea of the handle over the top too........ So I'll have a look around for attachments to make those lights fit (althoguh I'm asking around my club if anyones got any bits they want to sell me before buying new stuff).
    I'm far, far from an expert - but I think the conventional wisdom is along the lines of it being preferable to have 2 lights and be able to light from the side rather than head on, in which case you would need to be thinking about arms, so (i) how to connect arms to that tray, (ii) what sort of arms to use, and (iii) how to connect lights to arms

I wouldn't spend 50 on a tray till I'd worked out how and what I was going to attach to it

I ended up with (very broadly) this sort of arrangement for not much - I'm not saying others won't chip in to say that's crap, but its what I did as a starter effort !

I'm sure that tray that you linked can have stuff attached to it - not easy to see how easily from the pic - all I'm saying is that personally I'd work out (and cost) the whole plan before getting the tray

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been following the thread and have been looking at https://www.flex-arm.com/ The 'ready made' prices are resonable and you can build your own. I was looking at this as it has stiff arms lower so you can hold a rigid bit. Still undecided what light(s) to go for but the fittings are changable

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by must_dash View Post
    I've been following the thread and have been looking at https://www.flex-arm.com/ The 'ready made' prices are resonable and you can build your own. I was looking at this as it has stiff arms lower so you can hold a rigid bit. Still undecided what light(s) to go for but the fittings are changable
    Their comms and delivery (to UK - I see you are in Italy) were very good, I'd happily buy from them again

I have that same base and those handles from them I think - all was fine and went together no problem (I made 2 sets - one with those rigid handles and one just using loc-line as handles)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thats someway down the line, I already have DSLR's......
    What make? I have a Nikon Ikelite set up that cost thousands all told its getting on a bit, D300s body but all working. I have to stop diving so would like it to find a good home. If you are a Nikon man it might suit.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've got one of those, it's got two hot shoe type slots on the top.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    What make? I have a Nikon Ikelite set up that cost thousands all told its getting on a bit, D300s body but all working. I have to stop diving so would like it to find a good home. If you are a Nikon man it might suit.
    Im a Nikon man too, I have a d200 and a d800, although I’d be a bit scared about taking the d800 in the water yet. I’ve been wondering if my lens for it would actually fit too, it’s the 28-70 AFS II lens f2.8 (I think that’s the focal range anyway, I’d need to double check).

Must go out with my DSLR soon, it’s been a while. I’ve got two Leica slr sitting here I haven’t used in an age either
    Last edited by sim667; 23-10-2019 at 09:21 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleshome View Post
    I've got one of those, it's got two hot shoe type slots on the top.
    How do you find it, and what do you do lights wise with it?

i noticed the horse shoes on the top..... it just looked versatile in and out of the water, and I also organise music events and may well want to suspend the go pro in the air so thought that having a bar across the top would be good to hang it on, plus do low shots etc. It just seemed a bit more versatile than dedicated dive trays

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast