Banner Ad

What accessories for underwater video on go pro?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnCheeky Monkey
    I used to be Cheeky
    • May 2018

Originally posted by must_dash
    I've been following the thread and have been looking at https://www.flex-arm.com/ The 'ready made' prices are resonable and you can build your own. I was looking at this as it has stiff arms lower so you can hold a rigid bit. Still undecided what light(s) to go for but the fittings are changable
    Their comms and delivery (to UK - I see you are in Italy) were very good, I'd happily buy from them again

I have that same base and those handles from them I think - all was fine and went together no problem (I made 2 sets - one with those rigid handles and one just using loc-line as handles)
    Half the population of war-torn Yemen - 14 million people - are facing "pre-famine conditions", the UN has warned

Comment

• Tim Digger
      Prior Member
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by sim667
      Thats someway down the line, I already have DSLR's......
      What make? I have a Nikon Ikelite set up that cost thousands all told its getting on a bit, D300s body but all working. I have to stop diving so would like it to find a good home. If you are a Nikon man it might suit.
      Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
      Tim Digger

Comment

• Moleshome
        TDF Member
        • Jun 2017

https://www.hobbymounts.co.uk/shop/G...riad-Grip-Tray

This is the tray I was thinking about getting as I like the idea of the handle over the top too........ So I'll have a look around for attachments to make those lights fit (althoguh I'm asking around my club if anyones got any bits they want to sell me before buying new stuff).
        I've got one of those, it's got two hot shoe type slots on the top.

Comment

• sim667
          Established TDF Member
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Tim Digger
          What make? I have a Nikon Ikelite set up that cost thousands all told its getting on a bit, D300s body but all working. I have to stop diving so would like it to find a good home. If you are a Nikon man it might suit.
          Im a Nikon man too, I have a d200 and a d800, although I’d be a bit scared about taking the d800 in the water yet. I’ve been wondering if my lens for it would actually fit too, it’s the 28-70 AFS II lens f2.8 (I think that’s the focal range anyway, I’d need to double check).

Must go out with my DSLR soon, it’s been a while. I’ve got two Leica slr sitting here I haven’t used in an age either
          Last edited by sim667; 23-10-2019, 09:21 PM.
          Simscubadives on youtube
          My general photography on youtube

Comment

• sim667
            Established TDF Member
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Moleshome
            I've got one of those, it's got two hot shoe type slots on the top.
            How do you find it, and what do you do lights wise with it?

i noticed the horse shoes on the top..... it just looked versatile in and out of the water, and I also organise music events and may well want to suspend the go pro in the air so thought that having a bar across the top would be good to hang it on, plus do low shots etc. It just seemed a bit more versatile than dedicated dive trays
            Simscubadives on youtube

Comment

• Moleshome
              TDF Member
              • Jun 2017

How do you find it, and what do you do lights wise with it?

i noticed the horse shoes on the top..... it just looked versatile in and out of the water, and I also organise music events and may well want to suspend the go pro in the air so thought that having a bar across the top would be good to hang it on, plus do low shots etc. It just seemed a bit more versatile than dedicated dive trays
              I used a couple of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C2Q4S17 with these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071CWNYCR

The lights weren't fantastic and without adding arms you're stuck with having them in the fixed position so I've just bought a couple of the Evolva lights and I'm going to try them on a Goodman handle like this https://www.dirdirect.com/Light-For-...ng-System.html

Comment

• Wibs
                Established TDF Member
                • Aug 2015

Question: aren’t the flexible/bendy arms prone to gumbing up when diving in mucky water or the sea?

Are 'stiff' arms better?

Comment

• sim667
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Moleshome
                  I used a couple of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C2Q4S17 with these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071CWNYCR

The lights weren't fantastic and without adding arms you're stuck with having them in the fixed position so I've just bought a couple of the Evolva lights and I'm going to try them on a Goodman handle like this https://www.dirdirect.com/Light-For-...ng-System.html
                  I'd been looking at those suptig lights too, so they're not great? I'll bear that in mind.

What I'd really like to put together are that gopole tray, with bendy arms and those evolva lights I think. I'm not sure about a goodmans handle, I think I'd really want something for two hands.

I'm also still wondering if I should get float arms.

Anyway, my gopro arrive, I can see I'm probably going to end up buying all sorts for it.
                  Last edited by sim667; 24-10-2019, 08:58 AM.
                  Simscubadives on youtube

Comment

• UnCheeky Monkey
                    I used to be Cheeky
                    • May 2018

Originally posted by Wibs
                    Question: aren’t the flexible/bendy arms prone to gumbing up when diving in mucky water or the sea?

Are 'stiff' arms better?
                    I've only used my loc-line arms s few times in the UK (Kimmeridge) and red sea but no issues with them so far
                    Half the population of war-torn Yemen - 14 million people - are facing "pre-famine conditions", the UN has warned

Comment

• EMack
                      TDF Member
                      • Jun 2014

I bought this one for my GoPro, its pretty great and getting great results from it. Used this over the bendy arm type so I could choose how long i wanted the arms to be. Great for side lighting, really stable shots and really versatile. It can also fit an olympus compact camera setup (and i imagine others) should you end up going that way

Comment

• sim667
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by EMack
                        I bought this one for my GoPro, its pretty great and getting great results from it. Used this over the bendy arm type so I could choose how long i wanted the arms to be. Great for side lighting, really stable shots and really versatile. It can also fit an olympus compact camera setup (and i imagine others) should you end up going that way

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SHOOT-Handh...1913739&sr=8-2
                        Are the ball joint clips quite sturdy? I'm worried about them coming undone and losing the lights tbh. Also, how do you tether it to yourself?

I bought those D02 lights off ebay, they seem to be selling pretty quickly and I was worried about not being able to get affordable lights that people have actually said are good for a while. I read that you can use 26650 batteries with them for extra length, and I used to vape, so I check out the charger I had for vape batteries and it does 26650 batteries, so I've bought the 2 x lights and 2 x 26650 Batteries (same brand as the lights would have come with) for £60..... so happy with that.
                        Last edited by sim667; 24-10-2019, 12:23 PM.
                        Simscubadives on youtube

Comment

• UnCheeky Monkey
                          I used to be Cheeky
                          • May 2018

Used this over the bendy arm type so I could choose how long i wanted the arms to be
                          What arms are you using with that ?

Comment

• must_dash
                            gills needed
                            • Aug 2019

Has anybody used these lights Seem to be a sensible price.

Comment

• must_dash
                              gills needed
                              • Aug 2019

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SHOOT-Handh...1913739&sr=8-2

What arms did you add to this?

Comment

• sim667
                                Established TDF Member
                                • Jan 2016

I think this is the same as that SHOOT camera tray, but 40% of the cost on amazon

The ball clamps look like the same price on ebay as on amazon though.
                                Simscubadives on youtube

Comment

Working...