Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
    Are the ball joint clips quite sturdy? I'm worried about them coming undone and losing the lights tbh. Also, how do you tether it to yourself?
    Ball joints are great and in my few a must if you think you're going to be regularly re-positioning your lights. They are also pretty sturdy assuming you aren't dragging them across the seabed. In general I'm normally always holding them steady but have no worries about letting it hang of my on a leash while shooting a DSMB or the like. Definitely would spent a little more money on good clamps to make sure they are good quality stainless springs.

I use something like this

https://www.amazon.ca/DYNWAVE-Diving.../dp/B07NYPS259

Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    What arms are you using with that ?
    Not the exact ones but roughly these
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/MagiDeal-Pi...Z9Z6K0FX3N7P01

They're obviously not as well constructed as some of the pricier ones from sea & sea etc and show light pitting in places but they are really solid and fairly light. I use two 8's and two 6's and makes for a really flexible rig. I transfer them straight over to by DSLR setup and equally as good.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EMack View Post
    Ball joints are great and in my few a must if you think you're going to be regularly re-positioning your lights. They are also pretty sturdy assuming you aren't dragging them across the seabed. In general I'm normally always holding them steady but have no worries about letting it hang of my on a leash while shooting a DSMB or the like. Definitely would spent a little more money on good clamps to make sure they are good quality stainless springs.

I use something like this

https://www.amazon.ca/DYNWAVE-Diving.../dp/B07NYPS259

Not the exact ones but roughly these
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/MagiDeal-Pi...Z9Z6K0FX3N7P01

They're obviously not as well constructed as some of the pricier ones from sea & sea etc and show light pitting in places but they are really solid and fairly light. I use two 8's and two 6's and makes for a really flexible rig. I transfer them straight over to by DSLR setup and equally as good.
    Now I've had a think about it, I'm probably going to buy the shoot tray posted earlier in the thread, rather than the gopole triad I was looking at. That way I can still use it on larger cameras if I move on to using a DSLR, and I can also add arms (or more specifically floating arms, to make the whole set up neutrally buoyant).

I think a rope handle across the top is on the wishlist too, and one of those stretchy tethers with a pinch clip, so I can clip it tight to me when necessary, but unclip when I want to shoot. Can definitely see I'm going to have to go to wraysbury or vobster to play with it all and get used to it.

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think this is the same as that SHOOT camera tray, but 40% of the cost on amazon
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gopro-SLR...oAAOSwsdtdqbFk

The ball clamps look like the same price on ebay as on amazon though.
    Difficult to know if it is the same bit of kit without the Shoot stickers or something made to the same shape isn't it. No idea if 'Shoot' is a meaningful brand, but at least there is some feedback to go on with the amazon stuff. For under 15 quid I'd be tempted to try it.....

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Difficult to know if it is the same bit of kit without the Shoot stickers or something made to the same shape isn't it. No idea if 'Shoot' is a meaningful brand, but at least there is some feedback to go on with the amazon stuff. For under 15 quid I'd be tempted to try it.....
    I might just get it off amazon because I'll get it next day with the clamps and the go pro fitting rather than having to wait god knows how long for it to ship from china.

I guess the last think to work out is whether I need float arms or not..... Do other people make their setups neutrally buoyant?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I took the gamble with the brand as I had no idea like you say, but I'm really impressed and will be buying more of their kit. Especially clamps as they seem great for the money compared to the branded ones I've paid three times the price for. But 15 quid is also exceptionally tempting....

I might just get it off amazon because I'll get it next day with the clamps and the go pro fitting rather than having to wait god knows how long for it to ship from china.

I guess the last think to work out is whether I need float arms or not..... Do other people make their setups neutrally buoyant?
    I'd say try it in the water before investing in floats, but I prefer a slightly negative gopro setup.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What accessories for underwater video on go pro?

Need to get some time with it in the water now. I think Iím probably going to want some float arms to make it sink less quick.

Still want a rope handle across the top too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My Goodman handle version

Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    [IMG]Still want a rope handle across the top too.
    Super easy to make your own. Let me know if you need a hand.

TPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah please, Iíd love to know how if you know of any tutorials

Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Itís all on my MacBook but Iím waiting for a new charging cable to arrive.

TPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast