Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post
    In a real emergency you would need to restow after you've both switched gas. However, your simplest option would be to hog loop the hose. After all you could donate it as you'd already done. Alternatively, your 'no longer panicking' buddy could stuff it back in the bungee.
    I think your second sentence said all that's needed to be said. Bungeeing a long hose is what was once the best idea someone could come up with to make a long-hose twinset kit look and act a bit like a traditional single cylinder setup. It's a compromise and works, sort of. But it's just simpler to hog loop the hose, even on a single cylinder setup.

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Yes. But the hog loop is doing it correctly whilst the other alternatives are not.
    According to your dogma. Others have other dogma. I have a loop so don't really care.

Oh it exists alright. It's on the dark web. David Cameron in a rubber suit being choked with a long hose.
    Don't really care if it's long or short but Cameron being choked appeals.

Established TDF Member Wardy_uk's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post

I assisted the 'unqualified' hog looping divers in the branch to get an ART ticket.
    ART being?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy_uk View Post
    ART being?
    Advanced Recreation Trimix.

http://www.iantd.uk.com/courses-trimix.php

A popular course for c50m diving with the option to offset N2 a little. I'm sure there is enough bullshit controversy about this course to get us to page 10 on the thread

Established TDF Member Wardy_uk's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ART being?
    ah yes - ofcourse it is... having a brain-fart this morning!

its a shame none of the proper Tech agencies do just a primary-donate/hog loop course really - would be useful for us BSAC divers just flirting with tech diving, using twinsets and accelerating deco but want to "offically" use the long hose... <shrugs>

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    ah yes - ofcourse it is... having a brain-fart this morning!

its a shame none of the proper Tech agencies do just a primary-donate/hog loop course really - would be useful for us BSAC divers just flirting with tech diving, using twinsets and accelerating deco but want to "offically" use the long hose... <shrugs>
    I think they'd be accused of being Padi if they did, creating a course for something so simple. I think it's covered in various Foundations/Fundamentals courses though, should you be tempted. Or you could get someone who knows how to do it properly to coach you?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    I think they'd be accused of being Padi if they did, creating a course for something so simple. I think it's covered in various Foundations/Fundamentals courses though, should you be tempted. Or you could get someone who knows how to do it properly to coach you?
    It was the case (assume still is) if you were a BSAC instructor you couldn't teach primary donate and so many many people who could have covered this in 10 minutes on a cold winter's night at a club meeting where there wasn't much else to do were stopped from doing so. I have always assumed many broke BSAC rules to show how to do it just as many solo dive or go in overhead environments of do not practice rule of thirds.

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What length of hose for an octopus?

It was the case (assume still is) if you were a BSAC instructor you couldn't teach primary donate and so many many people who could have covered this in 10 minutes on a cold winter's night at a club meeting where there wasn't much else to do were stopped from doing so. I have always assumed many broke BSAC rules to show how to do it just as many solo dive or go in overhead environments of do not practice rule of thirds.
    Well until BSAC semi revoked the hog loop edict, I didnít train a single diver.
    Interesting to see the membership reportedly go up once the hog edict was revoked

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrygoss View Post
    Well until BSAC semi revoked the hog loop edict, I didn’t train a single diver.
    Interesting to see the membership reportedly go up once the hog edict was revoked

B
    I doubt that is the reason - most BSAC members have never heard of hog-looping or even long hoses come to that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    I doubt that is the reason - most BSAC members have never heard of hog-looping or even long hoses come to that.
    Indeed.

For most divers a long hose is something they use to wash their kit down. I used mine today and it worked a treat and stowing was a simple matter of winding it back onto the reel.
    Last edited by dwhitlow; 20-10-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast