My partner is planning a trip to Shetland in 2021 for her BSAC Advanced Diver expedition. She has already received prices from a few of the Scapa liveaboards that also operate out of Shetland. However, to add to her knowledge and planning we are looking for other options and a wider understanding of the area.
- Are there any charter boats based in Shetland?
- When is the best time of year to go (we have heard June-August)?
- Where is the best place to stay if we decide to go land-based?
- What are the best dive sites?
- Recommendations of other things to do when not diving?
- What is essential/what to avoid?
Plus any other relevant thoughts you may have that could help the trip.