X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bottle maker
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Diving North Norfolk

In the absence of our Norfolk diving Guru,. Does anyone know if it will be ok to shore dive at Cley and Weybourne this Sunday? The forecast is wind from the south east then south west 15 to 18 mph.

Graham
  • Divemouse
    Pedantic Pig
    • Dec 2012

I think it will be OK, Monday was looking better yesterday. Hang on, will check properly...
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• Divemouse
      Pedantic Pig
      • Dec 2012

Hmmm. Not sure what's been going on prior to now, but looks like a slightly dodgy secondary swell until lunchtime, then fine for the week. Vis won't be fantasic and there may be some surge, I'd rather do something like Sheringham or East Runton - I assume you're after the Vera?

Comment

• bottle maker
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Thank you DM. Plan was to dive the Rosalie on the low water slack and the Vera on the high water one.

Comment

• Divemouse
          Pedantic Pig
          • Dec 2012

That's definitely the way round to do it, though you might find the surge uncomfortable on either. Will see if any of the minions have been out this week.

Comment

• Divemouse
            Pedantic Pig
            • Dec 2012

Nope - looks like only one of them went in atall while I was gone and that was a week ago! You just can't get the staff... We're probably going in on Monday, but that's no help. I think it'll be safe, but not necessarily lovely...

Comment

• bottle maker
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

We are going tomorrow,. Will decide when we get there if it's worth diving. Thank you for your help.

Comment

• Divemouse
                Pedantic Pig
                • Dec 2012

Did you go in the end? I'm doing 2 today.

Comment

• bottle maker
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

Dived of both beaches. Getting in and out could have been easier the waves were breaking on the shore. Once we got in there was a swell rather than wave action. At Cley this swell was very noticeable on the bottom a bit of a washing machine dive. Missed finding the Rosalie did not go far enough out. Only found the Vera at the end of the dive as I missed it on the way out and then swam over it on the way back in as the tide had started to turn. Has a good day out doing something different the highlight probably the barbecue on the beach at Cley.

Thank you for your advise.

Comment

• Divemouse
                    Pedantic Pig
                    • Dec 2012

Oh dear. Missing the Vera is quite impressive though - it's 50m out and lies parallel to the beach! If you'd kept going North for a long way, you'd have reached the wood reef.

I did East Runton today and that was still surging at 8m deep, the stalked jellies just kept flying past!

Comment

• bottle maker
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Divemouse
                      Oh dear. Missing the Vera is quite impressive though - it's 50m out and lies parallel to the beach! If you'd kept going North for a long way, you'd have reached the wood reef.

I did East Runton today and that was still surging at 8m deep, the stalked jellies just kept flying past!
                      We are very talented when it comes to missing things. The wood reef must be a very long way of shore. We surfaced to see where we were and thought oops that a long swim back.

Graham

Comment

Working...