Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Recommendations for diving holiday in the Indian ocean/Arabian Sea

Hi all

I am due to go to a wedding in Sri Lanka in January of next year and fully intend to turn it into a 1-2 week diving trip. I spent a month in Sri Lanka a few years ago and did some diving on the east coast near Trincomnalee. I wasn't too impressed if I am honest, visibility was poor and reefs were varying in condition. I hear the South West Coast is better but am hesitant considering our previous experience. Also seeing as I have already spent some time in Sri Lanka I am open to trying other destinations that could be worked into a stop over on the way home to the UK. The obvious places seem to be the Seychells and Maldives but on first look I see they can be extremely pricey.

Any suggestions or opinions on the above would be much appreciated!

Best wishes

Ben

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bentley_123 View Post
    Hi all

I am due to go to a wedding in Sri Lanka in January of next year and fully intend to turn it into a 1-2 week diving trip. I spent a month in Sri Lanka a few years ago and did some diving on the east coast near Trincomnalee. I wasn't too impressed if I am honest, visibility was poor and reefs were varying in condition. I hear the South West Coast is better but am hesitant considering our previous experience. Also seeing as I have already spent some time in Sri Lanka I am open to trying other destinations that could be worked into a stop over on the way home to the UK. The obvious places seem to be the Seychells and Maldives but on first look I see they can be extremely pricey.

Any suggestions or opinions on the above would be much appreciated!
    Best wishes
    Ben
    Hi Ben. Bit limited but you may find something to help here:

https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...6-Indian-Ocean